*** Translate this blog into your language! ***
TRANSLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please use the translation feature on this blog to translate this entire site into your choice of 56 different languages. Then copy and paste this entire page (or parts desired) into another document on your computer. Then you will be able to save it and/or print it for future use.
INSTRUCTIONS: How To Translate Downloadable Documents, Books And Booklets, On This Blog Into 90 Languages
Please click below to read more heavenly messages on the Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Our Lord, Jesus Christ:
Click on links below for a free downloadable and printable PDF copy of this booklet:
APOSTOLATE OF THE NEW EVANGELIZATION
AS DICTATED BY JESUS TO CATALINA
Reflections that Jesus makes on the mystery of His suffering and the value it has on Redemption.
1ST EDITION IN SPANISH: COCHABAMBA, BOLIVIA 1997
2ND EDITION, REFINED TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH: JANUARY 2011
Copyright © 2004 & 2011 All rights reserved. Published in the United States of America by Love and Mercy Publications in coordination with the Apostolate of the New Evangelization.
In conformance with the decree of Pope Urban VII, the Publisher recognizes and accepts that the Holy See of the Roman Catholic Church in Rome is the final authority regarding the authenticity of the private revelations referenced in this book.
This publication was translated by Love and Mercy Publications from the original Spanish text and is part of a larger collection of books given to Catalina (Katya) Rivas from Jesus and the Virgin Mary. The books reflect traditional Catholic teaching and spirituality. Love and Mercy Publications takes full responsibility for the English translation of the messages compiled in this document from the original Spanish texts.
If the Holy Spirit speaks to your heart as you read this booklet, please share it with others. This booklet and others are available free to read and/or download and print from the Love and Mercy website at:
Permission is granted to print this booklet from this Web Site (where it is formatted in a manner to better print on a computer and photocopy) and to further reproduce and distribute it in its entirety with no deletions, changes or additions, as long as it is done solely on a non-profit basis. The books are available in English and Spanish. Printed copies of this publication and others can also be ordered (see information at the end of this book) from the following non-profit religious publishing ministry:
Love and Mercy Publications
P.O. Box 1160
Hampstead, NC 28443
Please Share this Gift!
Table of Contents
Part 1 – Jesus dictates to Catalina:
1.1 – Jesus Prepares Himself
1.2 – The Paschal Supper
1.3 – Jesus Will Pray in the Garden
1.4 – Jesus Institutes the Holy Eucharist
1.5 – Jesus Does the Will of the Father
1.6 – Jesus Looks for His Disciples, Who Are Asleep
1.7 – Jesus is handed over by Judas
1.8 – Jesus Is Taken before Caiaphas
1.9 – Peter Denies Jesus
1.10 – Jesus Is Taken to Prison
1.11 – Jesus Is Taken before Herod
1.12 – Jesus Is Taken Again before Pilate
1.13 – The Scourging of Jesus
1.14 – Jesus Will Be Sentenced to Death
1.15 – Jesus Is Crowned with Thorns
1.16 – Barabbas Will Be Set Free
1.17 – Jesus Forgives Even the Greatest Sinners
1.18 – Jesus on His Way to Calvary
1.19 – Jesus Is Helped to Carry the Cross
1.20 – Jesus Is Nailed to the Cross
1.21 – Jesus Pronounces His Last Words
1.22 – The Resurrection of Jesus
Part 2 – God the Father Speaks of His Beloved Son to Catalina
Part 3 – The Most Blessed Mother Describes Her Seven Sorrows to Catalina
Appendix A: Church Decree Commissioning the Apostolate of the New Evangelization
Appendix B: What is the ANE and its Ministries?
Appendix C: Note from the ANE
Appendix D: Help the ANE to Help
Appendix E: Available Books and Videos
To my husband, my parents, my children, and my brothers: “look at the poor rejected Christ and follow Him.”
To Carlos, Neiza, and Betty, beautiful instruments of the Lord.
To Lili, who stirred up my love of the Cross.
To Silvia, my sister in the sweetest pain.
To Inés and Charo, for their love of evangelization.
To Mary Queen of Peace Center, in their true and wonderful way towards the Lord, through Mary.
To Marcos, Stanis, and Ricardo: mentors, companionways, and beams of this poor secretary of the Lord.
Translated from the original Imprimatur in Spanish:
Archbishop of Cochabamba
Cochabamba – Bolivia
We have read Catalina’s books and we are sure that their only objective is to guide us all on a journey of authentic spirituality, founded on the Gospel of Christ. The books likewise highlight the special place occupied by the Blessed Virgin Mary, our role model in loving and following Jesus Christ, our Mother to whom we should offer our complete trust and love.
In renewing the love and devotion to the Holy Catholic Church, the books enlighten us on the actions that should characterize a truly committed Christian.
For all this, I authorize their edition and distribution, and recommend them as texts of meditation and spiritual orientation, with the purpose of answering Our Lord’s calling to save many souls, showing them that He is a living God, full of love and mercy.
+ Mons. René Fernández Apaza
Archbishop of Cochabamba
April 2, l998
“Love Him totally, He who totally surrendered Himself for your love.” – Clare of Assisi
PART 1 – JESUS DICTATES TO CATALINA
1) My little daughter, let yourself be embraced by My most ardent desire that all souls come and purify themselves in the water of penance, and that the feelings of trust, and not fear, may penetrate them, because I am a God of Mercy and I am always ready to receive them in My Heart.
2) Thus, day-by-day we shall be uniting ourselves in our secret of love. A tiny spark and then a great flame… Only the real Love is not loved today! Make Love be loved! But before that, pray little daughter, pray much for the consecrated souls who have lost their enthusiasm and joy in doing service. Pray also for those priests who accomplish that miracle of miracles on the altar and whose faith is weak.
3) Lose yourself in Me like a drop of water in the ocean… When I created you, I kissed your forehead marking you with the sign of My predilection. Seek souls, because there are few who love Me; seek souls and impress on their minds the vision of the pain that consumed. Mankind, without knowing it, is about to receive great gifts.
4) When you do what I ask, I am near you; it is as if you quenched that burning thirst which dried even My lips when I was on the Cross.
5) I will make Myself present each time that you invoke My Passion with love. I will permit you to live united to Me in the sorrow that I experienced in Gethsemane when I knew the sins of all mankind.
6) Be conscious of that, because I call few creatures to this kind of Passion, but none of them understand the predilection I have placed upon them by joining them to Me in the most painful hour of My earthly life.
PART 1.1 – JESUS PREPARES HIMSELF
1) There are souls who think about My Passion, but very few who think about My preparation for My public life: My loneliness!
2) The forty days which I spent on the mountainside were the most distressing days of My life because I spent them completely alone, preparing My Spirit for what would come. I suffered hunger, thirst, discouragement, and bitterness. I knew that for those people My sacrifice would be useless since they would deny Me. In that solitude I perceived that neither My new doctrine nor My sacrifices and miracles could save the Jewish people who would become God-slayers.
3) Nevertheless, I had to carry out My duty, the Divine Mission. I had to first leave My seed and die later. How sad this is, looking at it from the human point of view!
4) I was also a man and felt sadness and anguish. I found Myself very alone! I mortified My Body by fasting and My Spirit by prayer. I prayed for all humanity who would deny Me, who would sacrifice Me so many times…
5) I was tempted as any other mortal, and Satan was never more curious to know who the man was that remained so alone and so abandoned.
6) Think about everything that I had to suffer to save man, to be able to reign in his heart, to make possible his entrance into My Father’s Kingdom.
PART 1.2 – THE PASCHAL SUPPER
1) Now let us go to the story of My Passion…The story that will give glory to the Father and holiness to other chosen souls…
2) The night before I was handed over was a night full of joy because of the Paschal Supper, the inauguration of the Eternal Banquet at which human beings must sit to feed themselves of Me.
3) If I were to ask Christians, “What do you think of this Supper,” surely many would say that it is the place of their delight but few would say that it is My delight… There are souls who take Communion, not for the joy that they experience but for the joy that I feel; they are few because the rest of them only come to Me to ask for gifts and favors.
4) I embrace all the souls that come to Me because I came to Earth to make the love with which I embrace them grow. And since love does not grow without sorrows; little by little I withdraw the sweetness, to leave the souls in dryness. And this is so that they fast from their own joy to make them understand that they must keep their light focused on another desire: Mine.
5) Why do you talk about dryness as if it were a sign of diminishment of My Love? Have you forgotten that if I do not give happiness, you must taste your dryness and other sorrows?
6) Come to Me, souls, but think only that I am who wills everything and who incites you to look for Me. If you only knew how much I value unselfish love and how it will be acknowledged in Heaven! O, how greatly the soul who possesses it shall rejoice!
7) Learn from Me, dear souls, to love only to give joy to the One who loves you… You will have sweetness, and much more than what you leave behind; you shall enjoy so much of everything of which I have made you capable. It is I who prepared the Banquet for you. I am the food! How then, can I let you sit at My table and leave you fasting? I promised you that whoever feeds on Me will no longer hunger… I serve Myself of things in order to reveal My Love to you. Follow those called to act as My priests to you, who take the occasion of this Paschal feast to lead you to Me, but do not linger over what is human, otherwise, you will nullify the other purpose of this feast.
8) Nobody can say that My Supper has become their nourishment when they only experience sweetness… For Me, love grows with denial of self.
9) Many are priests because I wished to make them My ministers, not because they truly follow Me… Pray for them! They should offer My Father the sorrow that I felt when in the Temple I overturned the benches of the merchants and I reproached the ministers of that time for having turned the house of God into opportunists.
10) When they asked Me under what authority had I done that, I felt an even greater sorrow upon confirming that the worst denial of My Mission came precisely from My ministers.
11) For that reason, pray for the priests that treat My Body with a sense of habit and, therefore, with very little love.
12) You will soon know that I had to tell you this because I love you and because I promise anyone who prays for My priests, the remission of all due temporal punishment. There will be no Purgatory for those who grieve because of lukewarm priests, but rather Paradise immediately after their last breath.
13) And now, let Me embrace you again in order for you to receive the life that I, with infinite joy, made you part of.
14) That night with infinite Love, I washed the feet of My Apostles because it was the culminating moment in which to present My Church to the world.
15) I wanted My souls to know that even when they may be burdened with the greatest sins, they are not excluded from graces. They are close to My most faithful souls; they are in My Heart, receiving the graces that they need.
16) What anguish I experienced at that moment knowing that in My Apostle Judas was represented so many souls who gathered at My feet and cleansed so many times with My Blood, were yet to be lost! At that moment, I wanted to teach sinners that because they have sinned, they should not distance themselves from Me thinking that they no longer have recourse and that they will never be loved as before they sinned. Poor souls! These are not the feelings of a God who has shed all His Blood for you. Come to Me all of you and fear not because I love you. I will cleanse you with My Blood and you will be as white as snow. I will drown your sins in the water of My Mercy and nothing will be able to snatch from My Heart the Love that I have for you.
17) My beloved, I have not chosen you in vain, respond to My election with generosity. Be faithful and firm in the faith. Be meek and humble so that others may know the greatness of My humility.
PART 1.3 – JESUS WILL PRAY IN THE GARDEN
1) Nobody really believes that I sweat blood that night at Gethsemane, and few believe that I suffered much more in those hours than in the Crucifixion. It was more sorrowful because it was clearly revealed to Me that the sins of everyone were made Mine and that I should answer for each one. Thus I, being innocent, answered to the Father as if I were really guilty of dishonesty and I, being pure, answered to the Father as if I were stained of all the impurities committed by you, My brothers and sisters. You dishonor God who created you to be instruments of the greatness of Creation and not to stray from the nature given you with the purpose of having it gradually behold the sight of the purity Me, your Creator.
2) Therefore, I was made a thief, a murderer, an adulterer, a liar, a sacrilegious person, a blasphemer, slanderer and a rebel to the Father whom I have always loved.
3) It was precisely this contrast between My Love for the Father and His Will that caused My sweating blood. But I obeyed until the end and for love of everyone, I covered Myself with the stain so that I could do My Father’s Will and save you from eternal damnation.
4) Consider how many agonies more than human I had that night and, believe Me, nobody could alleviate such anguish because, on the contrary, I was seeing how each one of you devoted yourself to making cruel at every moment the death given to Me because of the offenses whose ransom I have paid in full. I want it to be known once again how I loved all mankind at that hour of abandonment and indescribable sadness…
PART 1.4 – JESUS INSTITUTES THE HOLY EUCHARIST
1) The desire that souls be clean when they receive Me in the Sacrament of Love, led Me to wash the feet of My Apostles. I also did it to represent the Sacrament of Penance, in which the souls that have had the misfortune of falling into sin, can wash themselves and regain their lost purity.
2) When washing their feet, I wanted to teach the souls that have apostolic tasks, to humble themselves and treat with tenderness the sinners and all souls entrusted to them.
3) I wrapped Myself in linen to teach them that, in order to achieve success with souls, one has to gird oneself with mortification and self-denial. I wanted them to learn mutual charity and how the faults they observed in their neighbor should be cleansed, concealing them and always forgiving them without ever disclosing their faults. The water that I poured over My Apostles’ feet was a reflection of the zeal that consumed My Heart in desires for the salvation of mankind.
4) At that moment, the love that I felt for mankind was infinite and I did not want to leave them orphans… In order to live with you until the consummation of time and to show you My Love, I wanted to be your breath, your life, your support, your everything! Then I saw all the souls that, in the course of time, would be nourished by My Body and Blood, and I saw all the divine effects that this nourishment would produce in many souls…
5) That immaculate Blood would engender purity and virginity in many souls; in others, it would light the fire of love and zeal. Many martyrs of love gathered at that hour before My eyes and in My Heart! Many other souls, after having committed many and serious sins and weakened by the force of passions, would come to Me to renew their strength with the Bread of the strong!
6) How I would like to make known the feelings of My Heart to all souls! How much I desire that they know the Love I felt for them at the Cenacle when I instituted the Holy Eucharist. Nobody could penetrate the feelings in My Heart during those moments – feelings of love, joy, tenderness… But also immense was the bitterness that invaded My Heart.
7) Are you perhaps good ground for the construction of a magnificent building? Yes and no… Yes, because of the gifts that I have made for you since birth; no, because of the use that you have made of them. Do you think that your ground is adequate in proportion to the structure of the building that I raise? Oh, it is paltry! Then, in spite of all the opposing elements that exist in you, My calculations will not fail because it is My skill to choose that which is poor for the purpose that I intend. I never make a mistake because I use skill and love. I construct actively without your realizing it. Your own desire to know what I am doing serves Me for proving to you that you can do nothing and know nothing without My desiring it…
8) It is time to work; do not ask Me for anything because there is someone who is thinking about you.
9) I want to tell My souls the bitterness, the tremendous sorrow that filled My Heart that night. Although My joy was great at accompanying mankind until the end of time and in becoming the Divine Nourishment of souls, and of seeing how many would render Me homage of adoration, love, and reparation, great was the sadness that caused Me to contemplate all those souls that were to abandon Me at the Tabernacle and how many would doubt My presence in the Eucharist.
10) In how many hearts stained, impure and completely torn by sin I would have to enter! And how My profaned Flesh and Blood, would become the reason for the damnation of so many souls! You cannot understand the way in which I contemplated all the sacrileges, offenses, and tremendous abominations that would be committed against Me… the many hours that I would spend alone in the Tabernacles. How many long nights! How many human beings would reject the loving calls that I would address to them.
11) For love of souls, I remain a prisoner in the Holy Eucharist, so that in their sorrow and grief they are being consoled by the most tender of Hearts, by the best of Fathers, by the most loyal friend. But that Love, which is consumed for the good of mankind, is not going to be returned.
12) I live amongst sinners to be their salvation and their life, their doctor and medicine; yet they, in return, in spite of their sick nature, distance themselves from Me. They offend Me and scorn Me.
13) My children, poor sinners! Do not distance yourselves from Me. I wait for you night and day at the Tabernacle. I will not reproach you for your crimes; I will not throw your sins in your face. What I will do is to wash you with the Blood of My wounds. Do not be afraid; come to Me. You do not know how much I love you.
14) And you, dear souls, why are you cold and indifferent to My love? I know you have to attend to the needs of your family, your home, and of the world that constantly demands of you. But, can it be that you do not have a moment to come and give Me proof of your love and gratitude? Do not allow yourselves to be carried away by so many useless worries; reserve a moment of your time to visit the Prisoner of Love. If your body is sick, can you not find a few minutes to seek the Doctor who must cure you? Come to He who can restore strength and health of the soul. Give alms of love to this Divine Beggar, who calls you, wants you, and waits for you.
15) These words will produce the effect of a great truth in souls. They will penetrate families, schools, religious congregations, hospitals, prisons, and many souls will surrender to My Love. My greatest sorrows come from the souls of priests and nuns.
16) At the moment that I instituted the Eucharist, I saw all the privileged souls that would be nourished with My Body and My Blood and the effects produced in them.
17) To some, My Body would be a remedy to their weakness. To others, a fire that would succeed in consuming their miseries, inflaming them with love. Ah…! Those souls gathered before Me will be an enormous garden in which every plant produces a different flower, but all delight Me with their scent. My Body will be the sun that revives them I will come close to some to be consoled, to others to hide, in others I will rest. If you only knew, beloved souls, how easy it is to console, to hide, and to give rest to the one God.
18) This God, who loves you with infinite Love after freeing you from the bondage of sin, has sown in you the in comparable grace of the religious vocation. He has brought you in a mysterious way to the garden of His delights. This God, your Redeemer, has become your Spouse. He Himself nourishes you with His Body so pure, and with His Blood, He quenches your thirst. In Me you shall find rest and happiness.
19) O, little daughter! Why is it that so many souls, after having been filled with so many blessings and caresses, have to be the cause of such sadness in My Heart? Am I not always the same? Can it be that I have changed for you…? No! I will never change, and I will love you with predilection and tenderness until the end of time.
20) I know you are full of miseries, but this will not keep from you My most tender looks and I wait for you anxiously, not only to ease your miseries, but also to fill you with My blessings.
21) If I ask for your love, do not deny it to Me. It is very easy to love the One who is Love itself. If I ask for something dear to your nature, I give you both the grace and the strength necessary so you can be My comfort. Allow Me to come into your souls and, if you do not find in them anything that is worthy of Me, tell Me with humility and trust: “Lord, You already see the fruit that this tree produces. Come and tell me what I must do, so that from now on it may bear the fruit that You desire.”
22) If the soul tells Me this with a sincere desire of proving its love to Me, I shall answer: “Dear soul, allow Me to cultivate your love Myself …”
23) Do you know the fruits that you will obtain? The victory over your character will make amends for offenses; it will atone for faults. If you do not get upset when you are corrected and you accept it gladly, you will make it possible for souls blinded by pride to humble themselves and ask for forgiveness.
24) This is what I will do in your soul if you allow Me to work freely. The garden will not flourish immediately, but you will give great comfort to My Heart.
25) All this passed before Me when I instituted the Eucharist and I was enkindled with longing to nourish souls. I was not going to stay on Earth to live with perfect beings, but rather to support the weak and nourish the children… I would make them grow, strengthen their souls, and rest in their miseries, and their good desires would console Me.
26) But among My elected ones there are souls that cause Me sorrow. Will they all persevere? This is the cry of pain that escapes from My Heart; this is the moan that I want souls to hear.
27) The Eternal Love is looking for souls who may say new things about old truths already known. The Infinite Love wants to create in the bosom of humanity a tribunal of pure Mercy, not of Justice. That is why the messages are multiplying in the world. Whoever understands them admires their work, takes advantage of them, and causes others profit from them as well. Whoever does not understand, keeps on being a slave of the spirit that dies and condemns.
28) To the latter I direct My word of condemnation, because they hinder My Divine Work and they become accomplices of the devil.
29) What cunning produces pressure on their childish minds when they condemn and repress what proceeds not from miserable creatures but from the Creator? To those whom I have called little ones, I reveal My knowledge, which on the other hand, I hide from the proud.
30) Soul, allow Me to pour Myself in you. Become a valve of My Heart because there is no shortage of those who stifles My Love…
PART 1.5 – JESUS DOES THE WILL OF THE FATHER
1) Of My Passion I want you to consider above all, the bitterness I experienced caused by My knowledge of the sins that darken the minds of men and women and lead them to commit aberrations. Most of the time these sins are accepted as the outcome of natural inclinations that, it is said, cannot be opposed as they say, by one’s own will. Today, many live in grave sin, blaming others or fate, without the possibility of getting rid of them. I saw this in Gethsemane and I knew the great evil that My soul would absorb. So many are lost like that and how I suffered for them!
2) Thus by My example of washing their feet and becoming their Food, I taught My Apostles to give each other mutual support. The hour was approaching for which the Son of God had been made man and Redeemer of the human race; for which He would shed His Blood and give His Life for the world.
3) At that moment I wanted to be in prayer and surrender Myself to the Will of My Father… It was then that My Will as a man conquered My natural resistance to the great suffering prepared for Me by Our Father, who you see was more aggrieved that I Myself. Then, among those lost souls, I surrendered My Own Soul in order to make reparation for that which had already become corrupt. My Omnipotence can accomplish everything but it requires that a minimum be met, on which to add the rest. And I offer that minimum requirement with infinite love.
4) My Passion… What an abyss of bitterness enclosed in itself!
5) How mistakenly afar from understanding are those who think only about the terrible sufferings of My Body.
6) My daughter, I have reserved for you other scenes of the intimate tragedies that I lived through and wish to share with you because you are one of those whom the Father gave Me in the Garden.
7) Beloved souls, learn from your Model that the only necessary thing, even if your nature rebels, is to humbly submit and surrender yourselves to fulfill the Will of God.
8) I also wanted to teach souls that every important act must be prepared for and given life through prayer. In prayer the soul is fortified for the most difficult things and God communicates with it and advises and inspires it even if the soul does not feel it.
9) I withdrew to the Garden with three of My Disciples, in order to teach them that the three Powers of the soul should accompany them and help them in prayer.
10) Let your memory recall the divine benefits, the perfections of God: His Kindness, His Power, His Mercy, and the Love that He has for you. Seek afterwards with understanding, how you will be able to respond to the marvels that He has done for you… Through prayer, in your retreat and silence, allow your will to be moved to do the most and the best for God, and to be consecrated to the salvation of souls, whether by means of your apostolic works or by your humble and hidden life.
11) Humbly prostrate yourselves as creatures in the presence of your Creator, and adore His designs over you, whatever they may be by submitting your will to the will of the Divine.
12) In this way I offered Myself to carry out the work of redeeming the world. Ah! What a moment that was when I felt come over Me all the torments that I was to suffer during My Passion: the slander, the insults, the scourging, the kicks, the Crown of Thorns, the thirst, the Cross…
13) All that passed before My eyes at the same time that an intense pain hurt My Heart; the offenses, the sins, and the abominations that would be committed during the passing of time. And I not only saw them, but I felt covered with all those horrors, and in this way I presented Myself to My Heavenly Father to implore Mercy.
14) My little daughter, I offered Myself as a lily to calm His anger and appease His wrath. Nevertheless, with so many crimes and so many sins, My human nature experienced a mortal agony to the point of sweating blood.
15) Can it be possible that this anguish and this Blood are useless for so many souls…? My Passion was the origin of My love. If I had not wanted it, who would have been able to touch Me? I wanted it and to accomplish this, I made use of the cruelest amongst men.
16) Before suffering, I knew in Myself all suffering and I could evaluate it entirely. Yet when I wanted to suffer, in addition to full knowledge and appraisal, I had the human sensation of all sufferings. I took all of them.
17) Speaking of My Passion, I cannot go into so much detail. Other times I have done so and you cannot understand it. Because of your human nature, you could not grasp the enormous extent of the pains that I have suffered.
18) Yes, I enlighten you, but I stay within a limit beyond which you cannot advance. Only to My Mother did I make known everything to do with Me that is why she suffered them more than anyone.
19) But today the world will know more than I have granted it up to now, because My Father so desires it. For that reason, in My Church there flourishes a ray of love for all the changing circumstances that carried Me from the Garden to Calvary. More than to anyone else, I manifest My Passion to the loved ones I had in the Garden. They are able to mention something that adapts to the mind of those who journey today. And if they can, they should do it so. Therefore, write everything I tell you, little one, for yourself and for many others, for the comfort of souls and for the Glory of the Holy Trinity who desires that My suffering in Gethsemane be known.
20) My soul is sad unto death. While the sadness of physical illness could become the cause of death, the sadness of the spirit that I wanted to experience, consisted of the complete absence of the influence of the Divinity and the heartbreaking presence of the causes of My Passion.
21) In My Spirit, which was in death agony were present all the reasons that impelled Me to bring love to earth. Foremost were the offenses committed against My suffering Divinity as a man, yet with the very knowledge of God. You cannot find anything like this type of suffering because the man who sins understands, with My light, the part that corresponds to him and many times, imperfectly, he does not see what sin is like before Me. For that reason, it is clear that only God can know what is an offense committed against Him.
22) Nevertheless, Humanity should be able to offer to the Divinity, full knowledge and true sorrow and repentance and I can do so as often as it wishes. I do this in fact by offering My knowledge that has worked within Me, a Man, through the process of making human the offense against God.
23) This was My wish: that the sinner having repented through Me should have the way of presenting to his God the knowledge of the offense committed, and that I, in My Divinity, could also receive from the human person the full understanding of what has been committed against Me.
24) Enough for today; you do not know how much you console Me when you surrender to Me in complete abandonment. Not every day can I talk to souls… Let Me tell you My secrets for them! Let Me make use of your days and nights!
25) I was sad unto death because I could see everywhere the enormous accumulation of offenses committed. And if for one I experienced a death beyond compare, what do you suppose I have experienced for all the accumulated offenses? “Sad is My Soul unto death…” with a sadness that produced in Me the abandonment of all strength; with a sadness which was centered in the divinity towards which were converging in Me, the flood of faults and the stench of souls consumed by all types of vices. For that reason, I was at the same time target and arrow – as God, the target, and as man, the arrow. As soon as I had absorbed all sin, I appeared before My Father as the only offender. There could be no greater sadness than this and I wanted to take in all sin for the Love of the Father, and for Mercy to all of you.
26) If he does not pay attention to this matter, man ponders in vain over the meaning of these words, which include My entire being as God and as Man. Look at Me thus in this gigantic spiritual prison. Do I not deserve love if I struggled and suffered so much? Do I not deserve creatures making use of Me as their own property, knowing that I give Myself entirely to them without reserve? Drink all of you from My inexhaustible fountain of goodness. Drink! I offer you My sadness in the Garden; give Me your sadness, all your sadness. I want to make of your sadness a bouquet of violets, whose perfume is constantly directed toward My Divinity.
27) “Father, if it is possible, take this Cup away from Me, but let not My Will but Yours be done.” I said this at the height of bitterness, when the burden weighing down on Me had become so bloody that My Soul found itself in the most unbelievable darkness. I said so to the Father because, when I assumed all guilt, I presented Myself before Him as the only sinner against whom all His Divine Justice was discharged. And feeling deprived of My Divinity, only humanity appeared before Me.
28) Take from Me, O Father, this extremely bitter Cup that You present to Me, and which, nevertheless, I accepted out of love for You when I came into this world. I have reached a point where I do not even recognize Myself. You, O Father, have made of sin My inheritance and this makes unbearable My presence before You who love Me. The ingratitude of human beings is already known to Me but how will I endure seeing Myself alone? My God, have pity on the great solitude in which I find Myself. Why do even You want to leave Me so abandoned? What help will I find then in such great desolation? Why do You also strike Me this way? And if you deprive Me of Yourself, I feel like I am descending into such an abyss that I do not succeed in recognizing your hand in such a tragic situation. The Blood that oozes from My whole Body gives You testimony of My annihilation under Your powerful hand.
29) Thus, I wept; thus, I fell downwards. But then I continued: It is just, Holy Father, that You do with Me all that You desire. My life is not Mine, it belongs totally to You. I do not want that My Will but Yours be done. I have accepted a death on the Cross; I also accept the apparent death of My Divinity.
30) It is just. All this I must give You and, before everything, I must offer You the holocaust of My Divinity which, nonetheless, unites Me to You. Yes, Father, with the Blood that You see, I confirm My donation and My acceptance: Your Will be done, not Mine…
PART 1.6 – JESUS LOOKS FOR HIS DISCIPLES, WHO ARE ASLEEP
1) In spite of everything, the enormous burden and the dreadful fatigue, together with the sweat of Blood , I had been overwhelmed in such a way that when I went to look for My Apostles, I felt tremendously exhausted.
2) Peter, John, James! Where are you that I do not see you alert? Wake up! Look at My face! See how My body trembles with this confusion I experience! Why do you sleep? Wake up and pray with Me; for I have sweated Blood for you!
3) Peter, My chosen disciple, do you not care about My Passion?… James, to you I have given so much preference, look at Me and remember Me! And you John, why do you let yourself plunge into sleep with the others? You can bear more than they can… Do not sleep; keep watch and pray with Me!
4) This is what I obtained: seeking comfort, I found bitter affliction. Not even they are with Me. Where else will I go…? It is true; My Father gives Me only what I knew to ask of Him so that the judgment of all humanity would fall upon Me. My Father, help Me! You can do all; help Me!
5) I prayed again like a human being in whom all hopes have sunk and who seeks understanding and comfort from on high. But what could My Father do if I had freely chosen to pay for everything? The choice I made had not changed. Yet, natural resistance had reached such an excessive degree that My humanity was overwhelmed.
6) Again I fell to the ground flat on My face out of shame for all your sins; again I asked My Father to take that Cup away from Me. But He answered that, if I did not drink from it, it would be as if I had not come to this world and that I should console Myself because many creatures would take part in My agonies in the Garden.
7) I answered: Father, do not let My Will be done, but Yours. This Angel has assured Me of Your Love, and this brief joy that You have sent Me, has worked well even on My natural resistance. Give Me My creatures, those whom I have redeemed. Take them Yourself because for Your sake, I accept this. I desire to see You pleased. I offer You all My sufferings and My unchanging Will, that in truth is not in disagreement with Yours, because We have always been One… Father, I am destroyed but it is thus that Our Love will be known. May Your Will be done, not Mine!
8) Again I returned to wake My Disciples, but the rays of the Divine Justice had left indelible scars within Me. They became filled with astonishment when they saw how distressed I had become and the one who suffered most was John. I, silent… they stunned… Only Peter had the courage to speak. Poor Peter! If he had known that part of My troubled state had been unleashed by him!
9) I had taken My three friends for them to help Me by sharing My anguish, for them to pray with Me, for Me to rest in them and in their love. How can I describe what I experienced when I saw them sleeping?
10) How My Heart suffers even today and, wanting to find relief in My souls, I go to them and find them sleeping. More than once, when I wanted to wake them and bring them out of themselves, out of their worries, they answer Me, if not with words, with deeds: “Not now, I am too tired; I have too much to do; this is bad for My health; I need a little time; I want some peace.”
11) I insist and gently tell that soul: Do not fear. If for Me you leave that rest, I will reward you. Come and pray with Me, just for one hour! Look, this is the moment when I need you! If you linger, will it already make you late? How many times do I hear that same answer!
12) Poor soul, you have not been able to keep watch one hour with Me. Soon I will come and you will not hear Me because you are asleep. I will want to give you the Grace but since you are asleep, you will be unable to receive it. And who can assure you that later you will have the strength to wake up…? It is likely that deprived of food, your soul will be weaken and you may not emerge from that lethargy.
13) Many souls have been surprised by death in the middle of deep sleep and, where and how have they awakened?
14) Beloved souls, I also want to teach you how useless and vain it is to try to find relief in creatures. How often they are asleep and, instead of finding the relief I seek in them, I depart with bitterness for they do not share Our desires or return Our love.
15) When I prayed to My Father and asked for help, My sad and abandoned soul was suffering the anguish of death. I felt overwhelmed by the weight of the most heinous ingratitude.
16) The Blood that issued from all the pores of My Body and which soon would burst forth from all My wounds, would be would be of no use to the great number of souls that would be lost. A great many would offend Me and many would not know Me! Later I would shed My Blood for all and My merits would be applied to each one of them. Divine Blood! Infinite merits! And yet, useless for so many, many souls.
17) But by then I was already going to encounter other things, and My Will was bent to the fulfillment of My Passion.
18) Mankind, if I suffered, it has certainly not been fruitless nor without reason. The fruit that I have obtained has been Glory and Love. It is now up to you, with My help, to show Me that you appreciate My work.
19) I never tire! Come to Me! Come to He who vibrates with Love for you and who only knows how to give you the true Love that reigns in Heaven and that transforms you now on earth.
20) Souls that taste My thirst, drink from My bitter and glorious Chalice, for I tell you that the Father wants to reserve some of the drops of this Chalice precisely just for you. Think that these few drops were taken from Me and then, if you believe, tell Me that you do not want them. I have not set limits and neither should you. I was destroyed without mercy. For love, you should allow Me to destroy your self-esteem.
21) I am He who works in you, just as My Father worked in Me when in the Garden.
22) I am He who gives you sufferings so that one day you may rejoice. Be docile for a time; be docile in imitation of Me because this helps you greatly and greatly pleases Me. Do not lose anything, but rather gain love. How could I actually allow My beloved ones to suffer real losses while they try to show Me love?
23) I wait for you. I am always waiting and I will not tire. Come to Me; come as you are; it does not matter as long as you come. Then you will see that I will adorn your foreheads with jewels, with those drops of Blood that I shed at Gethsemane, because those drops are yours, if you want them. Come, soul, come to Jesus who calls you.
24) I said: My Father; I did not say: My God. And what I want to teach you when your heart suffers most is that you should say “My Father” and ask Him comfort. Show Him your sufferings, your fears, and with moaning, remind Him that you are His children. Tell Him that your soul can bear no more! Ask trustingly like children and wait, for your Father will help you; He will give you and the souls entrusted to you, the necessary strength to go through this your tribulation.
25) This is the Chalice that I accepted and drained to it’s the last drop. Everything to teach you, dear children, to never return to believing that suffering is useless. If you do not witness the results that you always aim for yield your judgment and allow the Divine Will to be fulfilled within you.
26) I did not retreat. On the contrary, knowing that it was in the Garden where they had to apprehend Me, I stayed there. I did not want to flee from My enemies…
27) My daughter, tonight allow My Blood to irrigate and strengthen the roots of your littleness.
PART 1.7 – JESUS IS HANDED OVER BY JUDAS
1) After having been comforted by My Father’s messenger, I saw Judas approaching Me, followed by all those who were to seize Me. They had ropes, sticks, and stones… I stepped forward and said to them, Whom do you seek? While Judas with his hand on My shoulder, kissed Me…
2) So many souls have sold Me and will sell Me for the wretched price of a delight, for a momentary and passing pleasure… Poor souls who seek Jesus, as did the soldiers.
3) Souls whom I love, you who come to Me and receive Me in your bosom, who tell Me so many times that you love Me… will you hand Me over when you leave, after receiving Me? In the places that you frequent, there are stones that wound Me, there are conversations that offend Me, and you, who have received Me today, lose the beautiful whiteness of Grace there.
4) Why do the souls who know Me, hand Me over that way when on more than one occasion they boast of being pious and practicing charity? All things that truly could help them acquire greater merits… What are they to you but a veil to cover your crime of accumulating goods on earth?
5) Be watchful and pray! Fight unceasingly and do not let your wicked inclinations and shortcomings become habitual.
6) Look, it is necessary to mow the grass every year and possibly even during the four seasons. You have to work the land and clear it. You have improve it and take care to uproot the weeds that sprout up in it.
7) The soul also needs diligent care and the twisted tendencies need to be straightened.
8) Do not think that the soul that sells Me and surrendered to serious sin began with a serious fault. Usually the great fall began with something insignificant, some pleasure, some weakness, an illicit consent, a pleasure not forbidden but inappropriate. In this way, the soul becomes blind; Grace is diminished; passion is strengthened, and lastly, the soul is overcome.
9) Understand this: if it is sad to receive an offense and an ungrateful act from any soul, it is much more so when it comes from My most beloved, chosen souls. However, others can make reparation and console Me.
10) Souls, you whom I have chosen to make My resting place, the garden of My delights, I expect from you much greater tenderness, much more gentleness, and much more love.
11) I expect you to be the balm that may heal My wounds, the one who may clean My face made ugly and dirty and who may help Me give light to so many blind souls that in the darkness of night seize Me and bind Me to hand Me over to death.
12) Do not leave Me alone… Wake up and come, for My enemies already arrive!
13) When the soldiers approached, I said to them: “I Am!” These same words I repeat now to the soul who is about to fall into temptation: “I Am,” there is still time and if you want, I will forgive you. And instead of your binding Me with the ropes of sin, I am He who will bind you with the bonds of Love.
14) Come, I am He who loves you; the One who has so much compassion for your weaknesses; the One who is anxiously waiting to receive you in His arms.
15) The episode of My capture, well examined, has much importance. If Peter had not struck Malchus that blow, I would not have had the opportunity to call to your attention the method I want you to use in fighting for Me.
16) Then I made use of a proverb to admonish Peter and I restored Malchus’ ear because I do not like violence, being that I am the Lord of liberty. But notice that apart from that, I expressed to Peter the firm desire that My Passion should be fulfilled, and I caused him to reflect on the fact that if I wanted, the Father could have Me defended by My angels.
17) Do you see how many things there are in just one episode? But the main thing is precisely the lesson that I had to give to all of you in the struggle against your enemies. Whoever is like Me acts in this way: he allows those who surround him to take him where they will, because he will have his strength in the moments which are not those sought after by the world (by man), by human experience, and by the shrewdness of self-love.
18) No, whoever is like Me will find and obtain unrecognizable and vigorous strength to dominate those who suppress him, by remaining in the situation where he is placed. My true disciple does the most improbable things without interrupting in the least My designs for him. The world delights in uniqueness, in excelling and demonstrating its own superiority. This is the spirit that I have fought and conquered. That is why I told all of you to take courage, because as I have conquered it that world can now do nothing to sever your union with Me, provided that you do not unite with it. If you do, you would have to suffer the consequences with the added difficulty that since I Myself oppose its victory with worldly weapons; many times you will have as adversaries the world and Me – the world because of its self-love, and Me for pure Love, out of genuine Love for your well-being.
19) Therefore, strike no blows like Peter’s to the ears of your enemies without full acceptance of the Chalice that I offer you. A Chalice in which you should see My Will as I saw that of My Father when I asked the beloved Peter: “Do you not want Me to drink from this Chalice that My Father gives Me?”
20) Always meditate on My Passion, but penetrate intimately into My Spirit and obtain the impressions that are wholesome and incite you to imitate Me. Naturally, I am the One Who works these things in you but you should take pains yourselves, and, later, you will attain what I say.
21) Ah! If mankind could only understand this aspect of My Passion! How much easier it would be to yield and relive My Life!
22) Take courage, My children, everything is a question of love, not of anything else. Of love and My work that I want to accomplish in you, and of your always loving Me more. Stop reasoning in a human way; open your mind to My world, to the one that I have with you. This is important!
23) You are Mine for three reasons: because I created you from nothing; because I redeemed you; and because you will receive part of a share in My Crown of Glory. That is why you must remember that I care for you for these three reasons, and that I could never lose My interest in in those whom I have created, in those whom I have saved, and in those who should be My Glory.
24) You are driven to this path and you must traverse all of it. And like it was for Me, it will not only be good for you but also for many of your brothers and sisters who should receive from Me, through you, Grace and Life.
25) Advance, because I delight in it; learn, because Love wants to possess you completely.
26) I give you My Blessing, full of promise. I give it to all of you with the power that I enjoy as a man, power that is yours, and joy that I shall award with the prize, which will confirm My infinite Love for all of you.
27) My hour had come; the hour in which I had to consummate the sacrifice, and I surrendered Myself to the soldiers with the meekness of a lamb.
PART 1.8 – JESUS IS TAKEN BEFORE CAIAPHAS
1) I was taken before Caiaphas, where I was received with jeers and insults. One of his soldiers struck My cheek. It was the first blow I received and in it I saw the first mortal sin of many souls who, after living in grace, would commit that first sin… So many other sins followed that first sin, serving as an example so that other souls would also commit them.
2) My Apostles abandoned Me and Peter remained hidden behind a fence, amongst the servants, spying, moved by curiosity.
3) With Me were men only trying to accumulate crimes against Me, accusations that could further incite the anger of such wicked judges. There I saw the faces of all the demons, of all the bad angels. They accused Me of disturbing the order, of being an instigator and a false prophet, of being blasphemous and profaning the Sabbath. And the soldiers, worked up by the lies, hurled their shouts and threats.
4) Then My silence cried out, shaking My whole Body. Where are you, Apostles and disciples who have been witnesses to My Life, My teachings and My miracles? Of all those from whom I was expecting some proof of love, there is no one left to defend Me. I am alone and surrounded by soldiers who want to devour Me like wolves.
5) Contemplate how they mistreated Me: one deals Me a slap upon My face; another thrusts his dirty saliva at Me; another twists his face, mocking Me; another pulls My beard; another twists My arms with his fingers; another hits My genitals with his knee, and when I fall, two of them pull Me up by the hair.
PART 1.9 – PETER DENIES JESUS
1) While My Heart offers to suffer all these ordeals, Peter, whom I had named “Leader and Head of the Church” and who hours before had promised to follow Me unto My death, denies Me in response to a simple question that is asked of him and which could have served him in giving testimony of Me. And gripped even more by fear, when the question is repeated, he swears that he has never known Me or been My disciple. Questioned for the third time, he answered with dreadful curses.
2) Little children, when the world cries out against Me and, turning towards My chosen souls, I see Myself abandoned and denied, do you know how great is the sadness and bitterness in My Heart?
3) I will tell them as I told Peter: Soul, whom I love so much, do you no longer remember proofs of love that I have given you? Have you forgotten that many times you have promised to be faithful to Me and defend Me?
4) You do not trust yourself because you are lost; but if you come to Me with humbleness and firm trust, fear nothing; you are well sustained.
5) Souls, you, who live surrounded by so many dangers, do not enter into occasions of sin through vain curiosity; be careful for you will fall like Peter.
6) And you souls who labor in My vineyard, if you feel moved by curiosity or by some human satisfaction, I will tell you to take flight. But if you labor out of obedience and are driven by zeal for souls and for My Glory, be not afraid. I will defend you and you shall depart victorious.
7) My beloved, I am educating you little by little and with much patience. I am consoled by the thought of having a pupil being able to learn. Thus, I forget your carelessness and mistakes. If I look in creation for the most beautiful names to call you, be not afraid. Why do you suppress them? Love has no boundaries.
PART 1.10 – JESUS IS TAKEN TO PRISON
1) Let us go on with this painful story, which you will have to carry to as many people as you can. I will enlighten all of you in the way you will do it.
2) When the soldiers were taking Me prisoner, Peter was amid the crowd, half hidden in one of the courtyards. We exchanged glances; he was wide-eyed. It was only for a fraction of a second and yet, I told him so much…! I saw him cry bitterly over his sin and with My Heart I told him: “The enemy has tried to possess you but I do not abandon you. I know that your heart has not denied Me. Be ready for the battle of the new day, for the renewed struggles against spiritual darkness and prepare yourself to carry the Good News. Farewell, Peter.”
3) How often do I look toward the soul that has sinned, but does she also look? Not always do our eyes meet. How often do I look at the soul and she does not look at Me; she does not see Me; she is blind… I call her by her name and she does not answer Me. I send her a sorrow, a suffering so that she can emerge from her sleep, but she does not want to wake up.
4) My beloved ones, if you do not look at Heaven, you will live like beings deprived of reason… All of you, raise your heads and contemplate the Homeland that awaits you. Search for your God and you will always find Him with His eyes fixed upon you, and in His look you will find peace and life.
5) Contemplate Me in prison where I spend a great part of the night. The soldiers came to insult Me with words and deeds, pushing Me, hitting Me, mocking My condition as a man.
6) Close to dawn, having had their fill of Me, they left Me alone tied up in a dark, damp and foul-smelling room, full of rats. I was tied in such a way that I had to remain standing or sitting on a pointed stone which was all they gave Me for a seat. My aching body was soon stiff with cold. I remembered the thousands of times that My Mother covered My Body, wrapping it up when I was cold… and I wept.
7) Now let us compare the Tabernacle with the prison and, above all, with the hearts of men. In prison I spent one night… how many nights do I spend in the Tabernacle?
8) In prison the soldiers, who were My enemies, insulted Me; but in the Tabernacle, souls who call Me Father, mistreat and insult Me. In prison, I suffered cold, sleeplessness, hunger, shame, sadness, pains, loneliness, and abandonment. I could see over the course of time, how in so many Tabernacles, I would lack the covering of love. How many frozen hearts would be for Me like the stone in the prison.
9) How many times I would be thirsty for love, thirsty for souls! How many days do I wait for such a soul to visit Me, to receive Me in her heart because I have spent the night alone and was thinking of her in order to quench My thirst! So many times I hunger for My souls, for their fidelity, for their generosity!
10) Will they know how to calm these longings? When they have to undergo some suffering, will they know to tell Me: “this will help to ease Your sadness, to be with You in Your loneliness?” And, O! If at least united to Me and as long as you would console My Heart, you would endure everything peacefully and be strengthened…
11) In prison I felt shame when I heard the horrible words that were hurled against Me, and that shame grew when I later saw that those same words would be repeated by beloved souls.
12) When those filthy and repugnant hands dealt Me blows and slaps, I saw how often I would be struck and slapped by so many souls who, without purifying themselves of their sins, without cleaning their house with a good confession, would receive Me in their hearts. Those habitual sins would deal Me blows repeatedly.
13) When they forced me to get up by shoving me, being without strength and because of the chains that bound Me, I would fall to the ground. I saw how so many souls, tying Me up with the chains of their ingratitude, would let Me fall upon the stones renewing My shame and prolonging My loneliness.
14) Chosen souls, contemplate your Spouse in prison. Contemplate Me on this night of so much pain and consider that this pain is prolonged in the solitude in so many Tabernacles, in the coldness of so many hearts.
15) If you want to give Me proof of your love, open your heart so I can make it My prison. Tie Me up with the chains of your love. Cover Me with your gentleness; feed Me with your kindness. Quench My thirst with your zeal. Console My sadness and abandonment with your faithful company. Make My shame disappear with your purity and righteous intentions.
16) If you want Me to rest in you, avoid tumultuous passions and in the silence of your soul, I shall sleep peacefully. Now and then you will hear My voice that softly tells you: My Spouse, you who are now My rest, I will be yours through eternity. To you, who provide Me the prison of your heart with so much dedication and love, I promise that My reward shall have no limits and the sacrifices that you have made for Me during your life will not weigh you down.
PART 1.11 – JESUS IS TAKEN BEFORE HEROD
1) Pilate ordered that they take Me to the presence of Herod… He was a poor corrupt man who sought only pleasure allowing himself to be swept away by His disorderly passions. He was glad to see Me appear before his tribunal because he hoped to amuse himself with My words and miracles.
2) Consider, My children, the repulsion that I felt in the presence of the most repulsive of men, whose words, questions, gestures and affected movements covered Me with confusion. Pure and virginal souls, come to surround and defend your Spouse.
3) Herod expects Me to answer his sarcastic questions but I do not utter a word; I keep the most absolute silence before him. Not answering was the greatest proof of My dignity that I could give him. His obscene words were not worthy of an exchange with My pure ones. In the meantime, My Heart was infinitely united to My Heavenly Father. I was consumed with desire to give even the last drop of My Blood for souls. The thought of all human beings who later would follow Me, conquered by My example and generosity, enflamed love in Me, and, not only did I enjoy that terrible interrogation but I wanted to run to the torture of the Cross.
PART 1.12 – JESUS IS TAKEN AGAIN BEFORE PILATE
1) I allowed them to treat Me like a mad man and they covered Me with a white tunic as a sign of their ridicule and derision. Later, amid furious shouting, they took Me again before Pilate.
2) Look how this man, bewildered and filled with confusion does not know what to do with Me. And to appease the fury of the mob, he commands that they have Me scourged.
3) Represented in Pilate, I saw the souls who lack the courage and generosity to vigorously break away from the demands of the world and from their own nature. Instead of uprooting what their conscience tells them about not being of the world and of nature and what their conscience tells them about not being in the right spirit, they yield to a whim; they get pleasure out of superficial satisfaction; they partially surrender to the demands of their passion, and to ease remorse, they tell themselves “I have already deprived myself of this or that, and that is enough.”
4) I will only say to this soul: “You scourge Me as did Pilate.” You have already taken one step, tomorrow another. Do you plan to satisfy your passion in this way? No! Soon it will demand more and more of you.
5) As you have not had the courage to fight with your own nature in this minor thing, much less will you have it later when the occasion will be greater.
PART 1.13 – THE SCOURGING OF JESUS
1) Look at Me, My beloved ones. Letting Myself be led with the meekness of a lamb to the terrible torture of the scourging. On My Body, already covered with blows and overwhelmed with fatigue, the executioners cruelly discharge terrible lashes with braided rope, with rods. They punish Me so violently that there was no part of Me which was not prey to the most terrible pain… The blows and the kicks caused Me countless wounds… The rods tore away pieces of My skin and flesh. Blood flowed from all My limbs. Time after time I fell because of the pain caused by the blows to My manliness. My Body was in such a state that I resembled a monster more than a man. The features of My face had lost their shape; it was all swollen.
2) The thought of so many souls, who would later be inspired to follow My footsteps, consumed Me with Love.
3) During My hours in prison, I saw the faithful imitators learning from My meekness, patience, and serenity. Not only accepting suffering and scorn but even loving those who persecute them and, if necessary, sacrificing themselves for them as I sacrificed Myself.
4) During those hours of solitude in the midst of so much pain, I became enflamed, more and more, with desires of fulfilling perfectly the Will of My Father. How I offered Myself in reparation for His deeply offended Glory! Thus you, religious souls who find yourselves in the prison chosen out of love, who more than once pass before the eyes of creatures as useless and possibly harmful, do not be afraid. Let them shout against you and, during those hours of pain and solitude, unite your heart intimately with your God, the only object of your love. Make reparation for His Glory violated by so many sins.
PART 1.14 – JESUS IS SENTENCED TO DEATH
1) At dawn Caiaphas ordered them to take Me to Pilate so that he might pronounce the sentence of death. Pilate questioned Me, hoping to find a reason to condemn Me, but at the same time his conscience tormented him and he felt great fear at the injustice that he was going to commit. Finally he found a way to ignore Me and had Me taken to Herod.
2) In Pilate are faithfully represented the souls who feel the movement of grace and at the same time their own passions, who are dominated by human respect and blinded by self-love, for fear of looking ridiculous, allow that moment of grace to pass.
3) I did not answer any of Pilate’s questions. But when he asked: “Are You the King of the Jews?”, then with seriousness and integrity, I answered: “You have said so; I am the King, but My kingdom is not of this world…” With these words I wanted to teach many souls how, when they are presented with the opportunity to endure suffering or a humiliation that could easily be avoided, they should answer with generosity: “My kingdom is not of this world…” That is to say, I do not seek the praises of human beings. My Homeland is not this one, yet soon I will rest where it truly is. Now, take courage to fulfill My duty without taking into account the opinion of the world. What matters to Me is not their esteem but to follow the voice of grace that suffocates the inducements of nature. If I am not able to conquer alone, I will ask for strength and counsel since, on many occasions, passions and excessive self-love blind the soul and impel it to act wrongly.
4) The executioners who destroy My Body are not a matter of ten or twenty. There are many hands that hurt My Body; receiving Communion in the hand – the sacrilegious work of Satan!
5) How can they contemplate Me in this sea of pain and bitterness without their hearts being moved with compassion?
6) But it is not the executioners who have to console but you, chosen souls, so that My pain may be alleviated. Contemplate My wounds and see if there is anyone who has suffered as much as I, to show you their love.
PART 1.15 – JESUS IS CROWNED WITH THORNS
1) In the Will of Father I have lived days of intense sadness without complaining but accepting what the Father wanted to make Me feel. When I was seized in the Garden, My accusers were quick with every lie and I, without the least resistance, allowed them to take Me to wherever they wanted. And when they wanted to encircle My Head with the crown of thorns, I bowed My Head without resistance, because I took everything from the hands of the One who had sent Me into the world.
2) When the arms of those cruel men were exhausted by the violence of discharging blows against My Body, they placed upon My head a crown woven with branches of thorns, and parading before Me they said: “So you are a King? We salute you!”
3) Some spat at Me; others insulted Me; still others dealt further blows to My head, each one adding a new pain to My Body, so battered and destroyed.
4) I am tired; I have nowhere to rest. Lend Me your heart and your arms to cover Myself in your love. I am cold and feverish; embrace Me for an instant before they continue destroying this temple of Love.
5) The soldiers and executioners, with their filthy hands, shove My Body, and others with disgust for My Blood, press Me with their lances and reopen My flesh. With a shove they place Me on sharp stones; I silently weep because of the pain while they, in grotesque fashion, make fun of My tears. Finally they tear My temples, forcing down the crown woven of thorny branches.
6) Consider how with that crown, I wanted to make reparation for the sins of pride of so many souls who, wishing to be excessively praised, allow themselves to be mastered by the false opinions of the world. Above all, I allowed them to crown My Head with thorns so that in this way My head should suffer cruelly in order to make reparation through voluntary humility, for the loathing and proud pretense of so many souls. Souls who because they judge it unworthy of their condition and status, refuse to follow the path laid out by My Providence.
7) No path is humiliating when it is planned by the Will of God… It will be fruitless for you to try to deceive yourselves into thinking you are following the will of God and fully submitting to everything He asks of you.
8) There are people in the world who, when the moment of decision arrives (to undertake a new type of life), reflect and examine the desires of their hearts. Maybe they will find, in him or her with whom they plan to unite, the solid foundations for a Christian and pious life. Perhaps they will see that they will carry out their duties as a family in a way necessary to satisfy their wishes of happiness. But vanity and pride come to obscure their spirit and they let themselves to be swept along by the desire of being important and showing off. Then they do their best to seek out someone, who being richer or of high class, to satisfy their ambition. O! How foolishly they blind themselves. No, I will tell them, you will not find true happiness in this world and I hope that you will find it in the next. Beware; you are putting yourselves in great danger!
9) I will also talk to the souls to whom I called to the path of perfection. How many illusions there are in those who tell Me that they are ready to do My Will and then drive the Crown of thorns onto My Head.
10) Respectively, there are souls whom I want for Myself. Knowing them and loving them, I want to place them where I live, in My infinite wisdom, where they will find all that is necessary to reach sanctity. It is there where I will make Myself known to them, and where they will give Me more comfort, more love, and more souls.
11) But, so many disappointments! How many souls are blinded by pride and arrogance or by miserable ambition. They fill their heads with vain and useless thoughts; they refuse to follow the path that My love lays out for them.
12) Souls whom I had chosen, do you think that you fulfill My Will by resisting the voice of grace that calls you and guides you along that path which your pride rejects?
13) My daughter, love of My sorrows, console Me. Make a throne in your little heart for your King and Savior and crown Me with kisses.
14) Crowned with thorns and covered with a purple cloak, the soldiers presented Me again to Pilate. Not finding in Me a crime for which to punish Me, Pilate asked Me several questions, asking Me why I did not answer him knowing that he had full power over Me.
15) Then, breaking My silence I told him: ”You would not have that power if you had not received it from above, but it is necessary that the Scriptures be carried out.” And, abandoning Myself to My Heavenly Father, I fell silent again.
PART 1.16 – BARABBAS IS SET FREE
1) Pilate was looking for ways to free Me. He was worried because of his wife’s warning and confused between the feelings of remorse from his conscience and the fear that the people would initiate a riot against him. In the pitiful state I was in, he exposed Me to the sight of the mob, proposing to them that I be freed and condemn Barabbas, a famous thief and criminal, in My place. The people answered in one voice: “Let him die and let Barabbas be set free!
2) Souls who love Me, see how they have compared Me to a criminal. See how they have reduced Me to lower than the most perverse of men. Listen to the furious shouts hurled against Me. See with what rage they ask for My death. Did I refuse to endure such a painful insult? No, on the contrary, I embraced it for My Love of souls and to show them that this Love did not only led Me to death but to the most ignominious death…
3) However, do not believe that My human nature did not feel revulsion or pain. On the contrary, I wanted to feel all its revulsion, and be subject to its same condition, giving you an example that may strengthen you in every circumstance in life and may teach you to overcome the aversions offered you when it is a question of fulfilling the Divine Will.
4) I return to the souls to whom I was speaking yesterday, those souls called to the state of perfection, who argue with grace and retreat when faced with the humility of the path that I show them, fearing how they will be judged by the world or as they assess their capabilities, convince themselves that they will be more useful somewhere else to My service and for My Glory.
5) I am going to respond to those souls: Tell Me, did I refuse or even hesitate when I saw Myself being of poor and humble parents in a stable far from My home and Country in the harshest season of the year and at night?
6) Afterwards, I lived thirty years in obscurity doing rough labor in a workshop. I suffered humiliation and disdain at the hands of those who requested work done by Joseph, My father. I did not shrink from helping My Mother in the most menial household tasks. Yet, did I not have more talent than what is required to perform the rough trade of a carpenter? I, who at the age of twelve, taught the Doctors in the Temple… But it was the Will of My Heavenly Father and I glorified Him in that way. When I left Nazareth and started My public life, I could have made Myself known as the Messiah and Son of God, so that men and women would listen to My teachings with veneration, but I did not do so because My only wish was to fulfill the will of My Father.
7) And when the time of My Passion came, through the cruelty of some and the insults of others, the abandonment of My own and the ingratitude of the mob, through the unspeakable martyrdom of My Body and the revulsion of My soul, see how with still greater love, I revealed and embraced the Will of My Heavenly Father.
8) Thus when overcoming difficulties and revulsion, the soul generously submits itself to the Will of God, there comes a moment in which, intimately united to Him, the soul enjoys the most indescribable sweetness.
9) What I have said to souls who loathe the humble and hidden life, I repeat to those who are called to labor in constant contact with the world when, instead, they would be attracted to complete solitude and humble and hidden works.
10) Chosen souls, your happiness and perfection does not consist in following the tastes and inclinations of nature, in being known or unknown by creatures, in using or hiding the talent you have, but rather in uniting and conforming yourselves through love and with total submission to the Will of God to what is asked of you for His Glory and your own sanctification.
11) Enough for today, My little daughter; love and embrace My Will joyfully. You know that it is always design by love.
12) Meditate for a moment upon the unspeakable martyrdom of My Heart, upon seeing it valued less than Barabbas. How I remembered the tenderness of My Mother when She was embracing Me close to Her Heart! And how vivid were the anxieties and fatigue that My adoptive father suffered to show Me his love. How I remembered the benefits I so freely poured over those ungrateful people, giving sight to the blind, restoring health to the sick and the use of their limbs to those who had lost them, feeding the crowds, and bringing the dead back to life. Now to see Myself reduced to the most despicable state! I am the most despised of men, and I am being condemned to death like an infamous thief.
PART 1.17 – JESUS FORGIVES EVEN THE GREATEST SINNERS
1) Pilate has pronounced sentence. My little children, consider attentively how My Heart suffered…
2) After Judas handed Me over in the Garden of Olives, he wandered off and took flight, unable to stifle the cries of his conscience, which accused him of the most horrible sacrilege. When the news of My death sentence reached his ears, he gave in to the most terrible despair and hanged himself.
3) Who can possibly understand the intense pain in My Heart when I saw that soul cast himself into eternal damnation? He who had spent three years in the school of My Love learning My doctrine, receiving My teaching, and many times hearing My lips forgive the greatest sinners.
4) Judas! Why do you not come and throw yourself at My feet so that I may forgive you? If you do not dare to come near Me for fear of those who surround Me and so ardently abuse Me, at least look at Me and you will see how soon My eyes will fix on you.
5) Souls, who are entangled in the greatest sins… If at times you have lived wandering as fugitives because of your crimes, if the sins of which you are guilty have blinded you and hardened your hearts, if in the pursuit of some passion you have fallen into greater disorder, do not allow desperation to take possession of you when the accomplices to your sin abandon you and your soul realizes its guilt. As long as man has an instant of life, he still has time to appeal to My Mercy and implore forgiveness.
6) If you are young and the scandals of your past life have left you in a state of degradation before men, do not be afraid! Even though the world may despise you, treat you as wicked, insult and abandon you, be certain that your God does not want your soul to be fodder for the flames of hell. He wants you to dare to speak to Him, to direct your gaze and the sighs of your heart at Him, and you will soon see that His kind and paternal hand will lead you to the source of forgiveness and of life.
7) If out of malice you have perhaps spent a large part of your life in disorder and indifference, and now near eternity, desperation wants to blindfold your eyes, do not allow yourself to be deceived. There is still time for forgiveness. Listen carefully: if you have left but a second of life, take advantage of it because you could gain eternal life during that second.
8) If your existence has passed in ignorance and in error, if you have been the cause of great harm to people, to society, and even to religion, and for any reason you recognize your mistake, do not allow yourself to be pulled down by the burden of your sins or by the harm for which you have been instrumental. But instead, allow your soul to be penetrated with the deepest sorrow, absorb yourself in trust and turn to the One who is always waiting to forgive you.
9) The same happens for a soul who has spent the first years of its life in faithful observance of My Commandments, but has little by little fallen away from fervor into a lukewarm and comfortable life …
10) Do not hide anything that I tell you, for it is all for the benefit of the whole of humanity. Repeat it in broad daylight; preach it to those who truly want to hear it.
11) The soul who one day receives a strong jolt that awaken her, all of a sudden sees her life fruitless, empty and undeserving of eternity. The Evil One, with infernal jealousy, attacks her in a thousand ways, exaggerating her faults. He inspires in her sadness and discouragement, leading in the end to fear and desperation.
12) Soul that belongs to Me, do not pay attention to the that cruel enemy. As soon as you feel the movement of grace at the beginning of your struggle, come to My Heart. Feel and watch how it pours sheds a drop of its Blood upon your soul, and come to Me. You know where I am, under the veil of faith… Lift it and, with complete trust, tell Me all your sorrows, your miseries, your falls… Listen to My words with respect and do not fear for the past. My Heart has submerged it in the endless depths of My Mercy and My Love.
13) Your past life will give you the humility that will fill you. And if you want to give Me the best proof of love, trust Me and count on My forgiveness. Believe that your sins will never be greater than My infinite Mercy.
PART 1.18 – JESUS ON HIS WAY TO CALVARY
1) Let us continue, My little daughter. Follow Me on the way to Calvary, weighed down by the weight of the Cross…
2) While My Heart was bewildered with sadness for the eternal perdition of Judas, the cruel executioners, insensitive to My pain, loaded My wounded shoulders with the hard and heavy Cross on which I was to consummate the mystery of the Redemption of the world.
3) Contemplate Me, Angels from Heaven. See the Creator of every marvel; the God to whom all the heavenly spirits render adoration; the God walking towards Calvary and carrying on His shoulders the holy and blessed log that will receive his last sigh.
4) Also look at Me, you souls who wish to be My faithful imitators. My Body, destroyed by so much torture, walks without strength, bathed in sweat and Blood… I suffer, without anyone feeling sorry for My pain! The mob accompanies Me and there is not a single person who feels pity for Me. They all surround Me like hungry wolves, wanting to devour their prey… It is that all the demons came out of Hell to make My suffering worse.
5) The fatigue that I feel is so great and the Cross so heavy that halfway along the path, I fall from weakness. See how those inhuman men lift Me up in the most brutal manner. One grabs My arm, another pulls My clothes that are stuck to My wounds, tearing them open again… This one grabs Me by the neck, another by the hair; others discharge dreadful blows to My whole Body, with their fists, and even with their feet. The Cross falls upon Me and with its weight causes new wounds. My face is scraped by the stones in the road and the blood which runs down My face sticks to My eyes that are almost closed because of the blows they have received. The dust and the mud mingle with the blood and I am turned into the most repugnant of objects.
6) My Father sends Angels to help support Me so that My Body does not lose consciousness when it falls, so that the battle may not be won before its time and all My souls are lost.
7) I walk over the stones that destroy My feet. I stumble and fall time and time again. I look at both sides of the road, searching for the slightest look of love, of surrender, of union with My pain, but… I do not see anyone.
8) My children, you who follow in My footsteps, do not let go of your cross no matter how heavy it seems to you. Do it for Me because by carrying your cross, you will help Me carry Mine, and on the difficult path, you will find My Mother and the holy souls who will give you encouragement and comfort. Continue with Me for a few moments, and a few steps ahead you will see Me in the presence of My Most Holy Mother who, with Her Heart pierced by sorrow, comes out to meet Me for two reasons: to gain further strength to suffer at the sight of Her God and, with Her heroic attitude, to give Her Son encouragement to continue His work of Redemption.
9) Consider the martyrdom of these two Hearts. What My Mother loves most is Her Son… She cannot ease My pains and She knows that the sight of Her will increase My sufferings even more, but it will also increase My strength to fulfill the Will of the Father.
10) For Me, My Mother is the most beloved being on earth, and not only am I unable to console Her, but the sad state in which She sees Me causes Her heart a suffering similar to Mine. She allows a sob to escape. The death I suffer in My Body, My Mother receives in Her Heart…! Oh, how Her eyes are fixed on Me and Mine on Her! We do not utter a single word, but Our Hearts express so many things during that painful look.
11) Yes, My Mother witnessed all the tortures of My Passion, which were presented to Her spirit by Divine revelation. Moreover, several disciples, even though they remained far away for fear of the Jews, tried to find out everything and would inform My Mother… When She found out that the death sentence had already been pronounced, She came to meet Me and did not abandon Me until they placed Me in the tomb.
PART 1.19 – JESUS IS HELPED TO CARRY THE CROSS
1) I am on My way to Calvary. Those wicked men, fearing to see Me die before reaching the end, arrange among themselves to find someone to help Me carry the Cross, and from the vicinity they requisitioned a man called Simon.
2) Look at him behind Me, helping Me carry the Cross, and above all consider two things: this man lacks good will, and is a mercenary because if he comes and shares with Me the weight of the Cross, it is because he has been requisitioned. For that reason, when he feels too tired, he lets the weight fall more on Me and thus, I fall to the ground twice.
3) This man helps Me carry part of the Cross but not My entire Cross.
4) There are souls that walk this way behind Me. They accept helping Me carry My Cross but they still worry about comfort and rest. Many others agree to follow Me and, to that end, they have embraced the perfect life. But they do not abandon their self-interests, which keep on being, in many cases, their prime concern. That is why they waver and let My Cross fall when it weighs upon them too much. They look to suffer in the least possible way; they measure their self-denial; they avoid humiliation and fatigue as much as possible, and, remembering perhaps with sorrow, those whom they left behind, they try to obtain for themselves certain comforts and pleasures.
5) In a word, there are souls who are so selfish and egotistical that they have come to follow Me more for themselves than for Me. They resign themselves only to contribute what bothers them and what they cannot avoid… They help Me carry only a very small portion of My Cross, and in such a manner that they can hardly acquire the merits indispensable for their salvation. But in eternity, they will see how much further remained the path that they should have traveled.
6) On the other hand, there are souls, and not few, who, moved by their desire for salvation but above all, by the love inspired in them by the vision of what I have suffered for them, decide to follow Me on the path to Calvary. They embrace the perfect life and give themselves to My service, not to help Me carry just a part of the Cross but all of it. Their only desire is to give Me rest and to console Me. For that purpose, they volunteer for everything that My Will asks of them, searching for how they can please Me. They do not think about the merits or the reward that awaits them, or the tiredness or the suffering that will result for them. The only thing that they have in mind is the love that they can show Me, and the comfort they give Me…
7) If My Cross is presented as an illness, if it is hidden under a job contrary to their inclinations and of little agreement with their abilities, if it comes accompanied by the thoughtlessness of people surround them, they accept it with total submission.
8) Oh! These are the souls that truly carry My Cross; they adore it. They make use of it for obtaining My Glory with no interest or payment other than My love. They are the ones that consider Me and glorify Me.
9) If you do not see the result of your sufferings, of your self-denial, or if you see it later, be certain that they have not been in vain and fruitless but, on the contrary, the fruit will be abundant.
10) The soul who truly loves, does not keep count of how much it has suffered or labored, nor does it expect this or that reward, but it seeks only that which it believes glorifies its God… For Him it spares neither labors nor weariness. It does not become agitated or restless, far from it, for it does not lose its peace if it finds itself thwarted or humiliated, because the only motive for its actions is love, and love abandons the consequences and the results. Therein lies the purpose of souls who do not seek rewards. The only thing that they hope for is My Glory, My comfort, My rest, and, for that reason they have taken My Cross and all the weight that My Will desires to place upon them.
11) My children, call Me by My name, for Jesus means everything. I will wash your feet, those feet that have trodden a slippery path and are now wounded by the blows against the rocks. I will wipe away your tears, cure you, kiss you, and you will remain healthy and know no other path but the one that leads you to Me.
12) We are now at Calvary! The mob is excited because the dreadful moment is near… Exhausted by fatigue, I can hardly walk. My feet bleed because of the stones on the way… Three times I have fallen along the way: once to give sinners used to sinning the strength to convert; another to give encouragement to souls who fall because of being frail and to souls who are blinded by sadness and restlessness, encouraging them to rise and embark with courage upon the path of virtue; and the third time, to help souls depart from sin at the hour of their death.
PART 1.20 – JESUS IS NAILED TO THE CROSS
1) Look with what cruelty these hardened men surround Me. Some pull the Cross and lay it on the ground; others tear off My clothes that adhere to the wounds that again open and blood again oozes out.
2) Look, beloved children, at how much shame and confusion I suffer seeing Myself this way before that immense crowd… What sorrow for My soul!
3) The executioners tear off My tunic and cast lots for it; the tunic with which My Mother so carefully clothed Me during My childhood, and which She had been increasing in size as I grew. What would be My Mother’s affliction as She contemplates this scene?
4) How She must have desired to keep that tunic, now stained and soaked with My Blood.
5) But the hour has arrived and the executioners stretching Me out upon the Cross, grab My arms and pull them until they reach the holes prepared in it. My whole Body is breaking; it swings from one side to the other and the thorns of the crown penetrate even deeper into My head. Listen to the first blow of the hammer that nails My right hand… It resounds to the depths of the earth. Listen yet again… now they are nailing My left hand and, in the presence of such a spectacle, the heavens tremble, and the Angels prostrate themselves. I keep the most profound silence. Neither a complaint, nor a moan escapes My lips, but My tears mingle with the blood that covers My face.
6) After they have nailed My hands, they cruelly pull My feet… My wounds open, the nerves in My hands and arms tear; the bones are dislocated… The pain is intense!
7) My feet are pierced and My Blood soaks the earth…!
8) Contemplate for a moment these bloodstained hands and feet… This naked body, covered with wounds, with urine, and blood. Filthy… This head pierced by sharp thorns, soaked in sweat, full of dust, and covered in Blood…
9) Admire the silence, the patience, and the conformity with which I accept this suffering. Who is the One who suffers like this, a victim of such ignominy? He is the Son of God! The One who has made the heavens, the earth, the seas, and all that exists… The One who has created man; the One who sustains everything with His infinite power… He is there motionless, despised, stripped, and followed by a multitude of souls who will abandon worldly possessions, family, country, honors, well-being, glory and whatever may be necessary to give Him Glory and show Him the love owed Him…
10) Be attentive, Heavenly Angels, and you too, souls who love Me… The soldiers are going to turn over the cross, to rivet the nails to prevent them from coming out due to the weight of My Body and allowing Me to fall. My Body is going to give the earth the kiss of peace. And while the blows from the hammering resonate throughout space, on the summit of Calvary the most admirable spectacle is carried out… In a plea, My Mother, who is contemplating all that was happening and being unable to give Me relief, implores the Mercy of My Heavenly Father… Legions of Angels come down to adore My Body, and to hold it up so as not to touch the earth and to prevent it from being crushed by the weight of the Cross.
11) Contemplate your Jesus, stretched out on the Cross, unable to make the slightest movement… naked, without fame, without honor, without liberty… Everything has been snatched away from Him! There is no one who takes pity and sympathizes with His pain! He only receives torments, ridicule, and mockery!
12) If you truly love Me, will you be ready to anything to be like Me? What will you refuse in order to obey Me, to please Me, to console Me…? Prostrate yourself to the ground and let Me tell you a few words:
13) May My Will triumph in you!
14) May My Love destroy you!
15) May your misery glorify Me!
PART 1.21 – JESUS PRONOUNCES HIS LAST WORDS
1) My daughter, you have heard and seen My sufferings; accompany Me until the end and share My pain.
2) My Cross is now raised. Here is the hour of the Redemption of the world!
3) To the crowd, I am the spectacle of jeers but also of admiration and love for souls. This Cross, which until now an instrument of torture where criminals expired, will be from now on, the light and peace of the world.
4) Sinners will find forgiveness and life in My Holy Scriptures. My Blood will wash and erase the stains of their sins.
5) Souls who are pure will come to My Sacred Wounds to refresh themselves and to burn in My Love. In them they will take refuge and will make their dwelling forever.
6) Father, forgive them for they know not what they do, they have not known the One who is their life… They have unleashed against Him all the fury of their iniquities. But I beg of You, O My Father! Release upon them the power of Your Mercy.
7) Today you will be with Me in Paradise, because your faith in the Mercy of your Savior has erased your crimes and leads you to eternal life.
8) Woman, there is your Son! Mother of Mine, there are My brothers! Watch over them, love them… they are not alone.
9) O, you, for whom I have given My life, you now have a Mother to whom you can turn to in all your needs. I have united all of you with the tightest bonds when I gave you My own Mother.
10) The soul now has a right to say to its God “Why have you forsaken me?” Indeed, after I fulfilled the mystery of Redemption, human beings have become sons of God again, brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ, and heirs of eternal life.
11) O Father of Mine… I thirst for Your Glory… and the hour has arrived. From now on, by the fulfillment of My Words, the world will know that You are the One who sent Me, and You will be glorified!
12) I thirst for Your Glory; I thirst for souls… And to quench this thirst, I have poured out My Blood unto the last drop! For that reason I can say: All is fulfilled. The great mystery of Love has now been fulfilled; the mystery for which God surrendered to the world His own Son in order to restore life to mankind… I came into the world to do Your Will, O My Father. It is now fulfilled!
13) To Thee I give My soul. In this way the souls who accomplish My Will can say in truthfulness: “Everything is consummated…” My Lord and My God, receive My soul… I place it in Your beloved hands.
14) For souls in the throes of death, I offered My death to My Father and they will have Life. In the final cry I gave from the Cross, I embraced all of humanity: past, present, and future. The piercing spasm with which I detached Myself from earth, was welcomed by My Father with infinite Love, and all of Heaven exulted over it because My Humanity was entering into Glory. At the same instant in which I surrendered My Spirit, a multitude of souls met with Me: those who desired Me centuries ago and those who desired Me a few months or days ago, but all of them desired Me intensely. Right then, this joy alone sufficed for all the hardships suffered by Me.
15)You should know that in memory of that joyful meeting, I have decided to assist the dying and many times do so even visibly. I grant them salvation to honor those who so lovingly welcomed Me in Heaven. So pray for these dying people, because I love them very much. As often as you offer the last cry that I gave to the Father, you will be heard because through it, many souls are given to Me.
16) It was a moment of joy when all the Heavenly Court, packed together and vibrant and awaiting My death, was presented to Me. But among all the souls who surrounded Me, one was particularly jubilant, overwhelmed so much that it sparkled in joy, in love. It was Joseph who, more than anyone else, understood the Glory I had acquired after such bitter battles. He led all the souls who were waiting for Me; to him it was granted to be My first Ambassador in Limbo [i.e., where the faithful, deceased souls awaited]. The Angels, each in their own order, paid honor to Me in such a way that My Humanity, already resplendent, was surrounded by a countless number of Saints who adored and exalted Me.
17) My children, there are no glorious crosses on earth; they are all wrapped in mystery, in darkness, in exasperation: in mystery, because you do not understand it; in darkness, because they blind the mind; and in exasperation, because they strike blows in precisely those places where one does not wish to be struck.
18) Do not complain; do not delay. I tell you that not only did I carry the wooden cross that led Me to Glory, but, above all, that invisible but permanent Cross that was formed by the crosses of your sins. Yes, and of your sufferings. Everything that you suffer was the object of My sorrows, for I not only suffered to give you Redemption, but also for what you should suffer now. Look at the love that unites Me to you; in it have the confirmation of My Holy Will and unite yourselves to Me by observing how I behaved in the midst of unlimited bitterness.
19) I have taken as a symbol a piece of wood, a cross. I have carried it with great love, for the good of all. I have suffered real affliction so that all could rejoice in Me. But today, how many believe in the One who truly did love you and does love you? Contemplate Me in the image of the Christ that weeps and bleeds. There and in this way the world has Me.
PART 1.22 – THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS
1) Holy Friday was followed by the glorious dawn of the Sunday of the Resurrection. If I have decided not to destroy the world, it means that I want to renew it and rejuvenate it. Old trees need to lose their leaves and be pruned so that they can sprout new buds. And old branches and dry leaves are burned.
2) Separate the young goats from the lambs, so that they can find ready and well prepared and fertile pastures to graze at their ease, and drink from the clear fountains of the water of salvation… It is My redeeming Blood that waters the arid lands that have stayed the deserts of the world of souls. And this Blood will always flow over the earth as long as there is one man to save.
3) Beloved spouse, I desire what you do not want, but I can do what you could not obtain. Your mission is to have Me loved by souls, and to teach them to live with Me. I have not died on the Cross, and gone through a thousand tortures to populate Hell with souls, but rather, to populate Heaven with chosen ones.
PART 2 – GOD THE FATHER SPEAKS OF HIS BELOVED SON TO CATALINA
1) I see My Son, trembling down there below in the shadows of Gethsemane, who having descended from Heaven, took the form and substance of that creature of Mine who presumed and continues to presume that he has the power to rebel against his Creator. The man, that lonely and confused man, is the designated victim, and as such, with His own Blood, has had to cleanse all of humanity which He represents. He trembles and is horrified at feeling Himself covered, even to the point of seeing Himself dominated, by the inconceivable mass of sins that He would have to remove from the blackened consciences of millions and millions of filthy creatures.
2) Poor Son of Mine, Love has taken You now to this and you are frightened by it. Who will glorify You in Heaven when, radiantly, you enter to it? Can any creature give You praise worthy of You, any love worthy of You? And what is the praise and love of a man, of millions of men, in comparison with the Love with which You have accepted the most tremendous of tests that could ever exist on earth? No, My beloved Son, nobody but Your Father could equal You in Love, nobody but I, who in My Spirit of Love, can praise and love You for Your sacrifice that night.
3) You have reached, beloved Son of Mine in whom I rest all My benevolence, the paroxysm of death by surviving the very bitter agony in the Garden. You have reached, in the sphere of Your humanity real and whole, the summit of the great passion that a human heart can have: to suffer for the offences committed against Me, but to suffer for them with the most pure and intense Love that there is in You. Albeit with trembling, You have reached the limit through which humanity should reach complete Redemption. You, beloved Son, by the sweat of Your Blood, have conquered not only the souls of Your brothers, but even more, Your own personal Glory that should elevate You, man, equal with Me, God like You.
4) You have drawn in Me the most perfect Justice, and the most perfect Love. At that time they represented the scum of the world, and You did it through Your voluntary and free acceptance. You are now, among all, My honor, glory, and joy. You were not My offender, not You. You have always been My beloved Son, in whom I have placed My pleasure. You were not the scum because even then I saw You as You have always been: My Light, My Word, that is to say, precisely Myself. Son, who trembled and died for My Honor, You have deserved that your Father make You known to the world, to that blind world, which offends Us and yet is so loved by Us!
5) Oh, most beloved Son, I see You and will always see You in that night of Your bitterness, and I have You always in mind! Because of Your love, I am reconciled to creatures and with creatures. And then You could not raise Your face to Me; it was so covered with their guilt. Now, to please You, I make them raise their faces to Us so that by catching a glimpse of Your Light, they will remain captives of Our Love.
6) Now, My Son, always so beloved, I will do what I told You then in the shadow of Gethsemane, and they will be great things to give You joy and honor.
PART 3 – THE MOST BLESSED MOTHER DESCRIBES HER SEVEN SORROWS TO CATALINA
1) Many prophets spoke about Me; they prophesied that it was necessary for Me to suffer to become worthy of being the Mother of God. On earth they advanced knowledge of Me but, as it was meant to be, in a very veiled way. Later the Evangelists spoke of Me, especially Luke, My beloved physician – more of souls than of bodies. Afterwards some devotions were started that had as a basis the sorrows and pains suffered by Me. And thus it is commonly believed and thought that I experienced seven main sorrows.
2) My children, your Mother has rewarded and will reward the efforts and love that you have had for Me. But as Jesus did, I want to talk to you more extensively about My sorrows. Then, you will talk about them to other brothers and sisters and everyone at last will now imitate Me. Because of what I suffered, I am continuously praising Jesus and I seek nothing more than for Him to be glorified in Me.
3) Look, little children, it is sad to talk about these things to My own children, because every mother keeps her sorrows to herself. And this I dutifully did in the course of My mortal life; therefore, My wish as a mother has already been respected by God. Now that I am here, where the smile is eternal, and having already concealed like all mothers the sorrows that I experienced, I should talk about them so that as My children you may know something about My life.
4) I know the fruits that you will gain from it and as they are pleasing to Jesus, My beloved Son. I will talk about them as soon as you can understand Me.
5) My Jesus said, “Whoever is first, make yourself last”, and He truly did so because He is first in the House of God, but He lowered Himself unto the lowest step. Now, because of love, I will not take away from Him this first and last place that belongs to Him. Rather, I strive to make you understand this truth, and My joy will be much greater when you are convinced, not through the path of simple knowledge but by means of a profound and deeply rooted conviction. May He be first and all of us truly be last.
6) If He was first, there should be a second one in the scale of love and glory and; therefore, of lowliness and humiliation. You have now understood: That being should be Me. Little children, praise God who even having established an enormous distance between Jesus and Me, still wanted to place Me immediately next to Him.
7) My children, what appears to the world is not what is most important before God. Having been chosen Mother of God involved for Me grave sacrifices and resignations, and the first was this: knowing through Gabriel the election made in the intimacy of God. I had wanted to remain in a state of humble knowledge and concealment in God. I wanted this more than anything else because it was My delight to know that I was last in everything.
8) Upon knowing the choice of God, I answered, as you know, but it consisted of so much for Me to rise to the dignity to which I was called.
9) Little children, do you understand this first sorrow of Mine of which I speak? Reflect on it; give your Mother the great delight of holding in esteem that humbleness which I so much admired above My virginity. Yes, I was and I am the slave to whom every request may be made, and I accepted only because My surrender was in the same degree as My love.
10) It pleased You, oh God, to elevate Me to You, and it pleased Me to accept because My obedience was pleasant to You. But You know how sorrowful it was for Me, and that same sorrow is now before You, required as light for these children, whom You love and whom I love. I am the slave, oh Children of Mine, and as it was done unto Me, let it now, without doubt, be done unto you all that God wants.
11) The acceptance gave God the answer that will give men access to the Redemption, and in this was verified that admirable phrase: “Here is a Virgin who shall will conceive and give birth to a Son who will be called Emmanuel.”
12) My having accepted to become the Mother of Emmanuel, involved My gift to the Son of God so that His Mother would give of Herself to Him before the Humanity of Jesus would form in Me. That is why My gift was the result of Grace, but also the cause of Grace. And the precedence should be recognized that God is the foremost cause; nevertheless, it should be affirmed that My acceptance acted on the level of Grace as a concomitant cause.
13) They call Me Co-Redemptrix because of the sorrows I have suffered; but I was so, even before, because of the gift I had made through Gabriel. Oh, My divine Son! How much honor You have wanted to give your Mother in compensation for the great sorrow I suffered in rising to the dignity of Your Mother!
14) Little children, you are in sightless world, but when you see, wondrous things will be inducements for you to rejoice for Me. You will see what unity of glory and humility there is here where My Jesus is the sun that is never hidden. You will see what a wise design was carried out through what I gave up, to the lowliness of being hidden.
15) But now, hear Me. As My maternity was advancing, I had to talk to some of My loved ones and I told them about it while hiding as much as I could of the honor that I had received… I lamented having relinquished the secret about God’s triumph because God Himself was to be glorified in Me.
16) However, very soon I had the joy of knowing that I was regarded as a woman amongst so many. My soul rejoiced because in the eyes of the world, the slave of God who longed for humiliations as only I could long for, was trampled upon. When Joseph hid himself, I did not suffer, but I truly rejoiced. Do not say that I suffered then because that is not true.
17) That was how God satisfied My desire for humiliations. This was My compensation from the Lord, for having become the Mother of God: to be considered as a fallen woman. Daughter, learn the wisdom of love, learn to esteem holy humility, and do not fear because it is a virtue that shines with sparkling light.
18) When the nuptials took place, I had no problems. I knew how things would be and I feared nothing. Indeed, God grants perfect peace to those who give themselves entirely to Him in the most paradoxical situations, as was Mine: I was forced by human dictates to marry a man, yet knowing that I could only belong to God.
19) I suffered so many sorrows on earth! It is not easy to become the Mother of the Most High, I assure you. But neither can everything one does out of the purest motive and to please God, be called difficult. Remember that!
20) Have you ever thought what it was that caused Me the most sorrow on that Holy Night in Bethlehem? You distract the mind with the stable, with the manger, with the poverty. I, on the other hand, tell you that I spent that night in complete ecstasy about My Son. And even though I had to do what every mother does with her little child, I did not abandon My ecstasy, My rapture. And so, the only thing that caused Me sorrow that night of love was seeing how My poor Joseph suffered, seeking shelter for Me, any place at all. Aware of everything that was to happen and of the One who was to come into the world, My beloved husband, on seeing My confusion became anguished and I felt much sympathy for him. Later, we were both filled with joy and we forgot all our anguish.
21) We fled to Egypt and all that is possible has been said about this, even though there are some who focus their imagination more on the fatigue of the journey than upon the fear of a Mother who knew that She possessed the greatest treasure in Heaven and on earth.
22) Later living in Nazareth, little Jesus was growing up full of life and, at that time, He caused us only the slightest and most minimal worry. Every mother knows what it is like to wish for the health of her own child, and how a very simple thing looks like a great dark cloud. My Child went through all the epidemics and childhood illnesses of those times. Like every mother, I could not be protected from any of the anxieties that a mother’s heart experiences.
23) But one day the truly dark cloud that darkened the festive light of the Mother of God arrived. That cloud is called losing Jesus… No poet or master of the spirit could possibly imagine Mary when She knows that She has lost Her well adored Son and when She has no news of Him until three days later… Little children, do not be amazed at My words, I experienced the greatest confusion of My life. You have not reflected enough on those words of Mine: “Son, your father and I have been looking for you for three days. Why have You done this to us?” My God, now that I speak to these beloved children, I cannot stop praising You. You who hid Yourself to make us experience the delight of finding You. Oh! How else could one possibly come to know the sweetness that a glassful of honey places in the soul when She embraces her Everything?
24) Now you see, I also speak to you about My joys, but not without reason do I relate and join together joys and sorrows. You should draw benefit as best you can from everything that happened; God conceals Himself in order to be found. Some know this truth, others thinking about that dreadful sorrow of having lost Jesus, may do everything to find Him. You should not remain incapable of acting and disheartened.
25) Your Mother would like to save you from dealing with so much that remains to be told. First, there are things that have never been told and for that reason, not yet appreciated. Secondly, by getting to know them, you will have to join Me in suffering and in painful thoughts. Moreover, everything that My Jesus wants, has been told without any opposition.
26) Do you think that I spent family life in Nazareth peacefully? It was peaceful by virtue of the uniformity with the will of God. But from the creatures, there was so much trouble!
27) Our unique way of living was noticed, and as a result we were ridiculed publicly. I was considered excessive for the sole fact that whenever Jesus left the house, I could not contain My tears, and Jesus went away frequently. Joseph was harassed as if he were a slave to Jesus and Me. How could the world possibly understand? We abandoned all worry to the One who lived amongst Us, adored in all His manifestations.
28) What a beloved Son that young Boy was; more handsome than the sea, wiser than Solomon, and stronger than Samson. All the mothers would have snatched Him away from Me, such was the charm that surrounded Him. The small minded covered Me with soothing judgments; however, they did not spare criticism of the tireless father whom they thought was subject to his faithful but jealous wife. Everyone recognized My integrity but they all thought it to be a common and selfish passion.
29) This, My little children, is what is not known. This happened in the midst of a world that could not see or understand, and His Mother most pure. Jesus kept quiet, without encouraging Me, because the Mother of God had to go through the crucible, that is, as one woman amongst many about whom opinions should not be spared.
30) Admire the Wisdom of God in these things and find that Divine meaning, which joins the greatest of sublimity with the trials that are more painful in relation to such sublimity, because every abyss summons another abyss and every profundity summons its profundity.
31) The hour of separation arrived, the hour for action of Jesus. With it arrived the feared day of His departure from Nazareth.
32) Jesus had spoken quite extensively to Me of His mission and of the fruits that it would give to Him and everyone. He had made Me love it beforehand. It was necessary, therefore, for us to separate, even if for a short time… He said goodbye; kissed us, and headed towards His mission as Teacher of humanity. But His departure did not go unnoticed in the small village where Jesus was so loved.
33) There were demonstrations of affection, of blessings and even thought they really did not know what good Jesus was going to do, just the same a loss was foreseen by these people of little intellect but after all, of generous heart.
34) And I, in the midst of so many manifestations, how did I feel? So much affection welled up in Me, but He did not delay His departure by a minute. My Jesus knew what awaited Him after His preaching. He had spoken to Me about it so many times and so profusely of the treachery of the Pharisees and the others. And now you see Him leaving, departing like that alone and without Me to fulfill His mandate, without Me who had made Him grow with the warmth of My heart, without Me who adored Him like no one would ever adore Him!
35) Later I followed Him. I found Him when he was surrounded by so many people that it was impossible for Me to see Him. And He, truly the Son of God, gave His Mother a sublime response as was His wisdom but which pierced this maternal heart from through and through. Yes I understood Him completely, but that did not spare Me from sorrows. It is true, to the human relationship He countered the divine one in which I was included, but nevertheless, the remarks of others did not fail to hurt Me.
36) The initial blow was followed by the joy of witnessing His greatness, of seeing Him honored, venerated, and loved by the people; thus quickly this wound also healed.
37) I traveled the roads with Him, enthralled by His knowledge, comforted by His teachings, and I never tired of loving and admiring Him.
38) Then arrived His first friction with the Sanhedrin. The miracle occurred that caused so much fuss in the minds of the Jews, of their arrogant Priests. He was hated, persecuted, spied upon, and tempted. And I? I knew everything and from then on, with outstretched hands, I offered into the hands of the Father, the holocaust of My Son, His surrender, and His horrible and ignominious death. I already knew about Judas; I knew the tree from which the wood would be taken for My Son’s Cross.
39) You cannot imagine the intimate tragedy that I lived through together with My Jesus, in order for the Redemption to be fulfilled.
40) I have said before: Co-redemptrix. For that to be, the usual sorrows were not enough. A more intimate union with His great suffering was necessary, so that all mankind should be redeemed. So, as I went from town to town with Him, I became more and more aware of the inconsolable tears shed by My Son on so many sleepless nights that He spent in prayer and meditation. Every state of His mind was revealed and placed before Me, and certainly that began My Calvary and My cross.
41) So many considerations increased My sorrows each day that I was His Mother and yours! So many sins, all the sins; so much sorrow, all the sorrows; so many thorns, all the thorns. Jesus was not alone. He knew it, and felt it. He witnessed His Mother continuously in union with Him. He was afflicted by it, even more so, because My suffering was for Him the greatest suffering.
42) My Son, My adored Son, if only these children knew what happened then between You and Me…!
43) And the hour of the holocaust arrived, after the sweetness of the Paschal Supper. And from then on, I had to rejoin the crowd. I, who loved and adored Him in a unique way, had to be far from Him. Do you understand, oh My children?
44) I knew that Judas was taking his treacherous steps and there was nothing I could do; and I knew that Jesus had shed Blood in the Garden and there was nothing I could do for Him. And then they seized Him, abused Him, insulted Him, and wickedly condemned Him.
45) I cannot tell you everything. I will only tell you that My Heart was in turmoil with continuous anxiety, a seat of continuous bitterness and uncertainty, a place of desolation, dejection, and affliction. And the souls that would later be lost? And all the acts of simony and sacrilegious exchanges?
46) Oh children of My sorrows! If today you are granted the grace of suffering for Me, with fervor, bless the One who granted it to you, and without hesitation, sacrifice yourselves.
47) You think about My grandeur, My beloved children. It helps you to think about it; but listen to Me: do not think about Me, but about Him. I would like to be forgotten, if it were possible! Give all your compassion to Him, to My Jesus, to your Jesus, to Jesus, your love and Mine.
48) Thus, little children, the sorrow in My Heart was a sword continuously piercing My soul, My life, through and through. I felt it, while Jesus did not. He comforted Me with His Resurrection, when My immense joy suddenly healed all the wounds that bled within Me. “My Son,” I kept repeating. Why so much affliction? Your Mother is near You. Is not even My love enough for You? How many times did I comfort You in Your afflictions? And now, how is it that not even Your Mother can give you some relief? Oh Father of My Jesus, I want nothing more than what You want. You know it; but see if so many afflictions can have some relief. The Mother of Your Son asks this of You.
49) And now on Calvary I cried out: “My God, cause to return to those eyes that I adore the light that you imprinted in them since the day that You gave Him to Me! Divine Father, see the horror of in that holy face! Can you not at least wipe away so much Blood? Oh Father of My Son, Oh My Beloved Spouse, Oh You who have desired to take your Humanity from Me! May those arms, opened up to Heaven and Earth be a prayer; may they be the supplication for the acceptance of Him and of Me!
50) See, Oh God, what the One whom You love has been reduced to! It is His Mother who asks You to alleviate so much sadness. After a short time, I will be left without Him. Thus My vow which I offered wholeheartedly in the Temple will be entirely fulfilled. Yes, I will remain alone, but lighten His pain without paying attention to Mine.
THE CHURCH DECREE COMMISSIONING
THE APOSTOLATE OF THE NEW EVANGELIZATION
Translated from the original official document in Spanish:
ARCHDIOCESE OF COCHABAMBA
Casilla 129-Telfs.: (042) 56562 (042) 56563
Fax (042) 50522-Cochabamba, Bolivia
MONSGR. RENÉ FERNÁNDEZ APAZA
ARCHBISHOP OF COCHABAMBA
Considering that the founders of “the Apostolate of the New Evangelization” (A.N.E.) have applied with the following documentation for formation as a private catholic association.
That the goals and objectives of “the Apostolate of the New Evangelization” concur with the directives for the lay apostolate as per the Second Vatican Council and the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
That according to the Code of Canon Law the rightful Church authority to form an association of a private nature for the faithful and to grant it legal solicitorship is the diocesan Bishop within its territory (c.312).
Article 1. To approve the constitution of “the Apostolate of the New Evangelization” (A.N.E.) as a private Catholic association, with ecclesiastic legal solicitorship in accordance to the Code of Canon Law (cc. 113-123, 298-329) and other standard appropriateness.
Article 2. To consider reviewed the statute of “the Apostolate of the New Evangelization,” attached to this decree.
We strongly urge the founders, directors, and members of the A.N.E. to faithfully comply with the goals of the association and to promote the New Evangelization under the guidance of the Church magisterial and its legitimate pastors.
Given by the Archbishop of Cochabamba on the first day of May, 1999.
[seal of Archdiocese]
+ MONSGR. RENÉ FERNÁNDEZ A.
ARCHBISHOP OF COCHABAMBA
BY ORDER OF THE ARCHBISHOP
WHAT IS THE ANE AND ITS MINISTRIES?
We are a lay apostolic movement who have listened to the call of the Lord, and we have decided to place ourselves at His service.
We try to carry the Good News of the Gospel to all our sisters and brothers, in order to contribute to establishing the Kingdom of God among men and women.
Committed to Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church, we respond to the call of John Paul, II as he insistently declared in his three most often repeated phrases during the course of his pontificate: “Be saints”; “This is the time for the laity”; and “Let us promote the New Evangelization of the world”. We assume responsibility for working with energy and creativity on the New Evangelization, by attempting to utilize effective strategies and methods to call to conversion men and women of our times.
To spread among men and women the living presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and to help them to live their faith in accordance with the Gospel, united to Mary in prayer.
To establish small church communities “Little Houses of Prayer” where we are formed in prayer and knowledge of the Gospel, within the lines set out by the Magisterium of the Church, attempting to give witness to a life that is consistent with the teachings of Jesus.
To promote the spiritual and human growth of those who join the Apostolate, motivating the sacramental life of each one of them and facilitating the study of Sacred Scriptures, documents of the Church, lives of Saints and ANE’s own bibliographical material.
Members of ANE have the duty to evangelize each other, and to evangelize and assist and help those most in need, which is nothing more than “evangelizing” through their witness and example.
“Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave Me food, I was thirsty and you gave Me drink, a stranger and you welcomed Me, naked and you clothed Me, ill and you cared for Me, in prison and you visited Me… Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of Mine, you did for Me.” (Mt 25, 34-35. 40)
Among those Ministries, the following are the most outstanding:
Caring for the Sick: Spiritually assisting the sick and their family members, especially in hospitals and other health centers: a) Helping those sisters and brothers who go before us, to have a “good death”, through prayer and frequent receiving of the Sacraments; b) Consoling and strengthening in God, family members of the sick; c) Encouraging those who are temporarily sick to offer their suffering to the Lord and to draw near Him by using whatever circumstance they are living through.
Support for the Church: Seeking the resources to be able to work together with people who need material help: Parishes, nuns and priests, seminaries, marginal families and in general, those with scant resources.
Ministry of Communication: Producing the messages of evangelization intended for wide distribution, whether through radio, television, videos, daily papers, our magazine, the Internet, audio tapes and CD’s.
Catechesis: Planning, coordinating and supervising catechetical formation of those working for ANE as well as the contents of the Catechism during the carrying out of evangelization.
Penitential Work: Accompanying those sisters and brothers who have suffered the misfortune of temporarily losing their freedom by inviting them to experience liberation of soul through the Lord, by reminding them that there is a reality which is different from that harsh environment that surrounds them and that our true hope must be placed in God. In the Prison at Mérida, our Apostolate is in charge of the section of those suffering from AIDS.
ANE Pro-Life: Unceasingly working to spread campaigns for the defense of life and responsible fatherhood, and against abortion, euthanasia and cloning.
ANE Homes: “Centers of Assistance from the Apostolate of New Evangelization”. Helping in a direct way those most in need through meals and clothing for people, medical dispensaries, catechesis and evangelization programs, rehabilitation programs, literacy planning, delivery of provisions, and counseling services.
Small Houses of Prayer: Coordinating the work for the orderly development of the structure of ANE and promoting the link between the different groups which make up our Apostolate.
Apostolate of the New Evangelization
NOTE FROM THE ANE
The books of “The Great Crusade” make up a collection of volumes, which are already more than 15 in number [in Spanish], and its teachings convey the spirituality of the Apostolate of the New Evangelization (ANE), which is based on Sacred Scripture and the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
The ANE is a Catholic lay movement, which arises in response to the insistent call of John Paul II to all the baptized, to commit themselves to the task of promoting the Good News, that Christ has died and risen again in order to save us from sin.
As Catholics that we are, we fully abide by the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, which states the following in regards to the matter of private revelations:
Canon 66: “The Christian economy, therefore, since it is the new and definitive Covenant, will never pass away; and no new public revelation is to be expected before the glorious manifestation of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Vatican Council II, Dogmatic Constitution ‘Dei Verbum’ 3 AAS 58) Yet even if Revelation is already complete, it has not been made completely explicit; it remains for Christian faith gradually to grasp its full significance over the course of the centuries.”
Canon 67: “Throughout the ages, there have been so-called “private” revelations, some of which have been recognized by the authority of the Church. They do not belong, however, to the deposit of faith. It is not their role to improve or complete Christ’s definitive Revelation, but to help live more fully by it in a certain period of history. Guided by the Magisterium of the Church, the sensus fidelium knows how to discern and welcome in these revelations whatever constitutes an authentic call of Christ or his saints to the Church. Christian faith cannot accept ‘revelations’ that claim to surpass or correct the Revelation of which Christ is the fulfillment, as is the case in certain non-Christian religions and also in certain recent sects which base themselves on such ‘revelations’.”
Catechism of the Catholic Church
Canons 66 & 67
You will notice on the inside page of our books the stamp or “IMPRIMATUR” granted by the Bishops of the Catholic Church, of the Latin and Chaldean Rites. Some have been translated into more than eight languages and have been recommended by several bishops who judge that the reading of them will facilitate spiritual growth among faithful Catholics.
The first books of the “Great Crusade” series were not printed with “offset” but were distributed by photocopies taken directly from the first original transcriptions.
With the passage of time, certain persons –clearly with the best of intentions– collaborated in “a second transcription and formatting of the texts” to photocopy them, given the fact that “the copies of the copies” turned out to be illegible in some cases. Unfortunately, in the process, there were so many spelling and typographical errors committed, that the meaning of the texts was altered and many problems were created.
Precisely for that reason, the Apostolate of New Evangelization, at the suggestion of some priests and bishops, took the decision to request that readers should not make any further transcriptions of these texts, for any reason or under any circumstance, without the strict surveillance and the due authorization of our Director General.
Apostolate of the New Evangelization
HELP THE ANE TO HELP
All these books constitute a true gift from God for people who desire to grow spiritually, and it is for that reason that the sale price barely covers the cost of their printing and distribution.
However, as disciples of Christ, the Apostolate of New Evangelization, among other activities, is developing a wide range of spiritual and corporal works of mercy to the needy in seven charitable locations which distribute food and clothing to the people, and hundreds of places supplied with basic foodstuffs from the family basket, by promoting evangelization and catechesis in distant villages, and by providing spiritual and material support to our brothers and sisters in any number of jails and hospitals (mainly in Latin America).
All this work can only be carried out through the generosity of people who responding to the Voice of the Lord, are supporting those who are most in need and are donating their time, their efforts and their material resources for the purpose of this charity.
If you, the reader of this book find within yourself the desire to help us in the building of the Kingdom, please get in contact with us through the addresses and telephone numbers at the end of this Appendix. The harvest is great, but the workers will always be few.
Likewise, if you wish to contribute monetarily to the development of this Work, you can do so by making your tax deductible donation check payable to “ANE-USA” and mailed to: Love & Mercy Publications, P.O. Box 1160, Hampstead, NC 28443, USA. Donations can be sent along with book and video orders but they must be made with separate checks with the book and video order check made payable to: Love and Mercy Publications. Donations will then be transferred to the ANE International Headquarters.
In the name of the Lord, we thank you in advance for any help you can offer us, and we entreat Him who is generous and provident, to reward you one hundredfold.
May God bless you,
Apostolate of the New Evangelization
Calle 1- H N° 104 X 20
Col. México Norte, C.P. 97128
Mérida, Yucatán, México
Telephone: (52) (999) 944 0540
(52) (999) 948 30 05
Telefax: (52) (999) 948 1777
CONTACT FOR HELP:
LOVE AND MERCY PUBLICATIONS BOOKS & VIDEOS
Love and Mercy Publications is part of a non-profit (IRS 501c approved), religious, educational organization dedicated to the dissemination of books, videos and other religious materials concerning the great Love and Mercy of God. As part of its mission, this organization distributes with permission the books containing messages dictated by Jesus and the Virgin Mary to Catalina (Katya) Rivas as well as other related materials.
The contents of these have been reviewed by Catholic Church authorities and found to be consistent with the faith and teachings of the Church.
Further information on this can the found at the beginning of each book.
The books are available in the original Spanish, in English and some other languages at no cost on the Internet at: http://www.LoveAndMercy.org. Also, they are available to order as printed books from Love and Mercy Publications as follows:
Books on the Eucharist
The Holy Mass: A profound teaching and testimony with a 2004 Imprimatur on the Holy Mass containing visions at the Mass and messages dictated by the Virgin Mary and Jesus to Catalina that can deepen one’s spiritual experience at the Divine Liturgy. This is the most widely read of Catalina’s books.
Holy Hour: A beautiful devotion with a 1998 Imprimatur to read and pray before the Blessed Sacrament that was dictated by the Virgin Mary to Catalina and includes traditional prayers and verses from the Bible. A reader can see and experience the great love that the Mother of God has for this most blessed of Sacraments.
In Adoration: A very special meditation with a 2007 Imprimatur about our faith and the Eucharist. It is a testimony of sublime teachings by Jesus and Mary on the love in the Eucharist and the Mercy of the Lord and contains 12 extraordinary promises from Our Lord for those who visit Him frequently in the Blessed Sacrament.
Books on the Passion
The Passion: Reflections on the mystery of Jesus’ suffering and the value that it has on Redemption as dictated by Jesus, God the Father and the Virgin Mary to Catalina. This is truly a profound account of the Passion of the Christ with a 1998 Imprimatur that will deeply touch and change hearts, increasing one’s love for Jesus.
The Stations of the Cross: The meditations on the Passion of the Christ in this booklet were almost all extracted from “The Passion” (see above) and the remainder was from the Bible. The meditations are organized to follow the traditional Stations of the Cross and will provide the reader with a very moving spiritual experience of walking with Jesus and hearing Him describe and explain His Passion as it transpired.
From Sinai to Calvary: Profound visions and teachings that were dictated by Jesus to Catalina concerning His seven last words during His Passion that were given to Catalina in December 2003-January 2004 time period. Completed in 2004 with an Imprimatur.
I Have Given My Life for You: A compilation of messages with a 2009 Imprimatur, that were given by Jesus to Catalina during the Lents of 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. Their beautiful content is a new call of the Lord to each reader, to unite to Him in the dramatic moments in which He prepared to surrender His Life for the salvation of humanity.
Books on other Themes
Divine Providence: A profound teaching on death and reconciliation including visions and messages dictated by Jesus to Catalina as well as her personal account coinciding with and concerning the deaths of her mother and brother within days of each other in June 2003. This book has a formal recommendation of the Archbishop Emeritus of Cochabamba. This book can give much hope and comfort to all people, for all experience during life the death of loved ones and all will ultimately experience death and a birth to eternal life. A reader of the book can also gain a deeper understanding of the Sacraments of Reconciliation and the Anointing of the Sick.
My Broken Christ Walks over the Waters: Catalina’s testimony with a 2005 Imprimatur on the written work of Fr. Ramón Cué, SJ, “My Broken Christ” which profoundly touched her. Catalina seeks not to draw attention to herself but rather to Jesus and thus, she has shared little of her personal story in the past. But in her recent books, this one especially, we begin to perceive the essence of Catalina’s soul and the depth of her spirituality and love of Jesus and His Mother.
The Visible Face of an Invisible God: A testimony with a 2005 Imprimatur that speaks to us about the importance of living our Christianity consciously and of deepening our conversion. It invites us to rediscover the commitment that we, being baptized, have acquired, so that we can assume this responsibility with the befitting seriousness.
Praying the Rosary: At the beginning of “The Holy Mass”, Catalina referred to the Lord and the Virgin Mary providing instructions to her on how to pray the Rosary. These messages having been dictated in the Formational Books (see below), all of which had received a 1998 Imprimatur. This booklet is a compilation by Love and Mercy Publications of a number of these messages.
Set of 7 Books of Formational Teachings
These are the initial books of teachings dictated by Jesus and Mary to Catalina from 1993 to 1998, all with a 1998 Imprimatur. A person cannot seriously read and study the full set of these formational teachings of Jesus and Mary without finding one’s faith, hope and love for God and neighbor profoundly strengthened and deepened. It is strongly recommended that the books be read in chronological order which is: Springs of Mercy, Ark of the New Covenant, The Passion (same book as described above), The Great Crusade of Love, The Door to Heaven, The Great Crusade of Mercy and The Great Crusade of Salvation.
Catalina continues to receive messages. Please visit http://www.LoveAndMercy.org to check on current availability of the books of Catalina.
Other Recommended Book & Videos
Related Book – “Reason to Believe”: A statue weeps and bleeds in the same city that Catalina Rivas writes profound teachings she says are dictated by Christ. Elsewhere, a communion host (bread) changes to living flesh. Are these claims true? What does Science have to say? This is a fascinating journey of Australian lawyer, Ron Tesoriero, in pursuit of answers. On the way he invites a well-known and highly respected journalist Mike Willesee to join him. What they discover will confront the mind and heart of every reader.
DVD-Video – A Plea to Humanity: This video documents recent remarkable supernatural events in Bolivia. The video was produced by the Australian attorney and documentary producer, Ron Tesoriero. The video also includes footage from the 2-hour, prime-time, FOX TV broadcast, “Signs from God – Science Tests Faith,” on the bleeding statue of Christ and on Catalina’s messages.
DVD-Video – The Eucharist – In Communion with Me: This documentary is an educational and evangelical instrument to acquaint people with this most important Sacrament. It also deals briefly with certain Eucharistic miracles approved by the Catholic Church. These are powerful reminders of the true presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. This documentary was produced by Michael Willessee and Ron Tesoriero.
NEW DVD JUST RELEASED!
SCIENCE TESTS FAITH ~ Following the Trail of the Blood of Christ ~ Hear the Story unfold as Science finds: Blood & Flesh, Human DNA, Heart Muscle and White Blood Cells, all in a Bleeding Consecrated Host as the Truth of the Eucharist is revealed by Science! Yet science cannot produce a detailed DNA profile from not only the Host but also from a bleeding statue of Christ. These intriguing and very extraordinary scientific findings are presented in detail in this DVD by compelling and thought provoking witnesses to their faith, Ron Tesoriero, attorney and documentary producer, and Mike Willesse, senior Australian TV Investigative Journalist, who build a powerful fact-based case for belief in the Eucharist. The DVD includes their September 2009 USA presentation and exclusive interview covering the scientific results of these Catholic Church commissioned investigations into a bleeding statue of Christ and a recent Eucharistic miracle. The DNA and forensic studies present a strong testimony for a renewed love and belief in the true presence of Jesus in this Most Holy Sacrament.
Also on this DVD are PDF files of Catalina’s books in both regular and large print versions. Just insert the DVD into a computer DVD drive and open the “Book_Menu” file on the DVD to select and read/print the books for free.
LOVE AND MERCY PUBLICATIONS
P.O. Box 1160, Hampstead, NC 28443 USA
PURCHASING BOOKS & VIDEOS
Please visit http://www.LoveAndMercy.org for the most current information on available books and DVDs including pricing, shipping and ordering information.
From ‘The Passion” as dictated to Catalina by Jesus:
“Contemplate how they mistreated Me… Contemplate Me in prison where I spent a great part of the night… Contemplate Me in this night of such pain and consider that this pain is prolonged in the solitude of so many Sanctuaries, in the coldness of so many hearts…
“Contemplate My wounds and see if there is anyone who has suffered as much as I, to show you their love… Contemplate for a moment these bloodstained hands and feet… This naked body, covered with wounds, with urine, and blood. Dirty… This head punctured by sharp thorns, soaked in sweat, full of dust, and covered in Blood…
“Contemplate your Jesus, hanging on the Cross, without being able to make the slightest movement… naked, without fame, without honor, without liberty…
“Contemplate all those souls that were to abandon Me at the Tabernacle and the many that would doubt My presence in the Holy Eucharist…
“Contemplate Me in the image of the Christ who cries and bleeds. There and in this way the world has Me…
“If you truly love Me, will you be ready to be like Me? What will you refuse in order to obey Me, to please Me, to console Me…?
“My beloved ones, if you do not look at Heaven, you shall live as beings deprived of motive. Raise your head and contemplate the Home that awaits you. Search for your God and you shall always find Him with His eyes fixed upon you, and in His look you shall find peace and life.”
Please click below to read more heavenly messages on the Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Our Lord, Jesus Christ: